The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

This is a hail marry people. If some of you don't find yourself venturing outside of the Blink section, then this is for you.

We have a competition going on and I need your vote to win. Plain and simple, no need for further explanation. Here's the thread, vote Knapton, I thank you

2 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

First before I vote, in detail, what are your current opinions of Tom DeLonge, Matt Skiba and Cali/DLX/Nine?

Tom is Jesus, Cali DlX are terrible, Nine has like two good songs. Skiba is trash and Mark is a has been

On 10/8/2019 at 10:31 PM, YANGGANG_2020 said:

I can't tell if this is funny or not but I laughed when they yelled at Travis.

the claps are the best!

In other news, i got  the neighborhoods vinyl i ordered and listened today to that bad boy. Fucking hell, that album ages like a fine wine. Love everything about it, including the struggle they had back then which is audible in the song arrangement. But it's an exact display of what blink was at that time and i fucking love it!

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Neal said:

the claps are the best!

In other news, i got  the neighborhoods vinyl i ordered and listened today to that bad boy. Fucking hell, that album ages like a fine wine. Love everything about it, including the struggle they had back then which is audible in the song arrangement. But it's an exact display of what blink was at that time and i fucking love it!

It's aged so damn well.

• Like 1

Neighborhoods is halfway to an awesome album, overall it feels incomplete to my ears.  The songs are formulaic as hell outside of FTG & Snake Charmer, and the production is just bad.  Everything sounds muted with zero punch.  Would it have killed them to write a vocal bridge like one time out of 12 songs or whatever it is?

Having another writer/producer or two to tell them "lets try something different", and actually collaborating as a band would have made this album a 11/10.  Its got its moments though, and I can't really describe the feeling of hearing Ghosts on the Dance Floor for the first time when it leaked... huge grin on my face :D

• Like 1