The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

5 hours ago, Kay said:

You realise Tom was offered a solo contract before the tsunami relief event and that there was already tension before then, right? Tom is the one that wanted blink to slow down, Tom is the one who put all of the end of blink in motion. He cited different reasons at the time but went straight into AVA as soon as blink was done, with songs ideas written for blink.

He wasn't 'villainized' for no reason, he chose his own control over blink and thats why AVA exists, so in essence AVA is the embodiment of why blink split up, it's the new girlfriend after the divorce scenario. 

I think he should've settled up AVA projects and then rejoined blink if there were contracts involved and if he genuinely actually cared about returning to blink, but he didn't, he wanted to use blink to fund AVA and literally every interview around that time he would spin it to be about blink paying the bills and AVA being his passion. It was so evidently a cash grab I genuinely don't know why you're trying to pretend it wasn't. 

Exactly, Yes he did have LOVE already in the works but let's be real there was no need to make it a double album. He used that as a delay for Blink. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

blink's first 3 songs at Aftershock the other day. Nice hearing Feeling This/Rock Show again, after being cut for most of the EOTS20 tour, cool they still played Aliens Exist. They sound great, Trav absolutely annihilates Rock Show here:

Mark sounds great on rock show

15 hours ago, Ghost said:

That reminded me when they got back together un 2009. It's been ten years and a half and still feels like it was yesterday. Hopes were high, right?

I think Tom will be back eventually, but I'm sure Mark and Travis will take their shit on to prevent another eternal bullshit festival from Tom. Some kind of contractual whatever.

I don't think a reunion will be possible until TTSA finally crashes under it's own weight. And even then I don't know. Tom doesnt want to be in a band. He wants other people to do what he tells them to create his vision. When I saw Kennedy basically uses identical equipment to Tom, I couldn't help but laugh.

Plus, thats just Tom. I've never been under the impression Mark and Travis have any interest in Tom coming back. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

blink's first 3 songs at Aftershock the other day. Nice hearing Feeling This/Rock Show again, after being cut for most of the EOTS20 tour, cool they still played Aliens Exist. They sound great, Trav absolutely annihilates Rock Show here:

i think casual knowledge of aliens exist is high enough, and the song is unique enough, to where they should go ahead and mix it in the greatest hits set. plus, the inflatable aliens should stick around forever.

That's the person who runs the Alkaline Trio Facebook group. They used to follow each others on social media, if I remember correctly from some posts on that group. Sadly some fans are too entitled and genuinely think they have the right to comment on his personal life when its none of their business. 

1 hour ago, Chewy030 said:

so the guy unfollowed Matt and then goes out of his way to go and comment on a post of his. LOL 

Sounds like a classic Blink Italia case. Think they are entitled to shit just because they claim to be superfans

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

That's the person who runs the Alkaline Trio Facebook group. They used to follow each others on social media, if I remember correctly from some posts on that group. Sadly some fans are too entitled and genuinely think they have the right to comment on his personal life when its none of their business. 

isn't the issue he's dating someone who basically raped a minor?

it's not the first time Matt has had bad company, like that one guy on I Found Away who was in pro white band or whatever. 

• Crab 1

1 minute ago, _Kyle_ said:

isn't the issue he's dating someone who basically raped a minor?

it's not the first time Matt has had bad company, like that one guy on I Found Away who was in pro white band or whatever. 

I know, but what can you do? I've never liked Asia Argento either but we know he won't stop dating her just because some fans don't like that he associates with her. 

2 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I know, but what can you do? I've never liked Asia Argento either but we know he won't stop dating her just because some fans don't like that he associates with her. 

we know that because he's made it pretty clear, but he also defends her. it's pretty shit thing to do. 

20 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Oh yes!!!! Actually sounding good here!!!