The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

There were a few interesting points Mark made about how people hated BIOMY and said he ruined blink (to which he questioned "I ruined blink with 1 song???!"), and how people were expecting NINE to be awful and were pleasantly surprised when it dropped. He is def super aware of the comments. He also told the story about going up to people wearing blink shirts (literally the blink shirt they sold at the show the night prior) and saying "Hey nice shirt!" and 2 different people looking at him like he was crazy...lol. I wonder how often he gets recognized out in public? Likely not near as much as you would think.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

There were a few interesting points Mark made about how people hated BIOMY and said he ruined blink (to which he questioned "I ruined blink with 1 song???!"), and how people were expecting NINE to be awful and were pleasantly surprised when it dropped. He is def super aware of the comments. He also told the story about going up to people wearing blink shirts (literally the blink shirt they sold at the show the night prior) and saying "Hey nice shirt!" and 2 different people looking at him like he was crazy...lol. I wonder how often he gets recognized out in public? Likely not near as much as you would think.

I didn’t get what he meant by “riffs” in BIOMY. The only melodic things - instrumental-wise, are the opening synth line and I assume the chorus guitar line in the verse.

The guy showing off his tattoo is pretty funny too, he was super nervous and just kept saying “This is weird” lmao!!! I’ve shown Mark & Trav my blink related tatts and it is def weird. Grown men pulling their shirts up, has to get old...but even knowing it’s silly, you still want to show them it.

Yeah they try and try to make him feel special (Mark restating how Matt "killed it" on Darkside and that its his favourite current blink song) and that he has been fully accepted by the fans - but he's just so very dull in interviews and obviously uninterested in doing press for the band.

It's especially obvious when Mark tries to include him into questions aimed at Tom era blink:

SKIBA.thumb.jpg.ffeee04193b78697a9b815dabd585999.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4