The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Press wise he still assumes people want to hear from Mark/Trav and not him. He’s being respectful about “blink questions”. You can’t blame him for awkwardness when he’s an odd duck to begin with and usually is being asked about past blink stuff he wasn’t even there for. (Most these interviewers are such morons)

As for the sunglasses, tons of celebs feel more comfortable wearing them indoors during interviews/performances. It gives them a sense of being less exposed/feeling safer/etc. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Press wise he still assumes people want to hear from Mark/Trav and not him. He’s being respectful about “blink questions”. You can’t blame him for awkwardness when he’s an odd duck to begin with and usually is being asked about past blink stuff he wasn’t even there for. (Most these interviewers are such morons)

As for the sunglasses, tons of celebs feel more comfortable wearing them indoors during interviews/performances. It gives them a sense of being less exposed/feeling safer/etc. 

This might be the most Ry-Bread post ever lol.  You don't need to apologize for them, they will be fine.

• Haha 1

It's also interesting to me Mark knows how much people hated Blame It On My Youth, and how much the album surprised them because of it.

Does he really, I mean like deep down really feel that's a quintessential Blink song? I hope he was just trying to save the song but blink to majority fans is more than just singing about youth or whatever else he was saying. 

26 minutes ago, YANGGANG_2020 said:

It's also interesting to me Mark knows how much people hated Blame It On My Youth, and how much the album surprised them because of it.

Does he really, I mean like deep down really feel that's a quintessential Blink song? I hope he was just trying to save the song but blink to majority fans is more than just singing about youth or whatever else he was saying. 

Yeah I really think he does, I mean they picked that out of 50+ songs to release first and kick off a new tour with... (I still like BIOMY a lot FWIW)

It honestly sounds more 2019 blink to me than Darkside/IRWIHY. It just goes to show hard it is to “know” what is gonna work and what isn’t, which he has admitted. So it’s best to just write whatever you want and people can deal with it.

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yeah I really think he does, I mean they picked that out of 50+ songs to release first and kick off a new tour with... (I still like BIOMY a lot FWIW)

It honestly sounds more 2019 blink to me than Darkside/IRWIHY. It just goes to show hard it is to “know” what is gonna work and what isn’t, which he has admitted. So it’s best to just let the writers write what they want and people can deal with it.

Fixed 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Matt always wears sunglasses because of some problem with his eyes. I don't know the condition, but he's mentioned it a few times.

0568-B5-A0-2-D21-4-E04-B336-2-A82-C0-F8-

Hey! Pringles guy! We don’t take kindly to people being well informed and using logic around here!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, YANGGANG_2020 said:

Most people don't have conditions where they have to wear sunglasses inside...

Yeah sorry. I guess I forgot Matt is the only person out there sensitive to bright lights..

oh wait!

https://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/lightsensitive.htm

“Photophobia, or light sensitivity, is an intolerance of light. Sources such as sunlight, fluorescent light and incandescent light all can cause discomfort, along with a need to squint or close your eyes. Headaches also may accompany light sensitivity.”

14 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Yeah sorry. I guess I forgot Matt is the only person out there sensitive to bright lights..

oh wait!

https://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/lightsensitive.htm

“Photophobia, or light sensitivity, is an intolerance of light. Sources such as sunlight, fluorescent light and incandescent light all can cause discomfort, along with a need to squint or close your eyes. Headaches also may accompany light sensitivity.”

I didn't say he is the only person I said it's not common, knowing Matt Skiba and his prickly attitude towards everyone it's easy to assume he's just being a douche.