The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I wonder if Travis's "features" are more like someone buying a digital package of Travis drum samples or something. Obviously there's nothing in this song that sounds remotely Travis-like on the drums, but it could be like a bunch of files of individual snare/bass/crash/etc hits that you can feed into a computer program as samples, and then your electronic drum pattern is using "Travis's" drum sounds. And then if you pay enough for the package you're allowed to say "feat. Travis Barker" or whatever.

Probably a little too cynical but nothing really surprises me anymore haha.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I wonder if Travis's "features" are more like someone buying a digital package of Travis drum samples or something. Obviously there's nothing in this song that sounds remotely Travis-like on the drums, but it could be like a bunch of files of individual snare/bass/crash/etc hits that you can feed into a computer program as samples, and then your electronic drum pattern is using "Travis's" drum sounds. And then if you pay enough for the package you're allowed to say "feat. Travis Barker" or whatever.

Probably a little too cynical but nothing really surprises me anymore haha.

Nah, I don't think so. HE drummed on the new Cokie the Clown album, and sounds nothing like we are used to. The thing is that we're too used to his overdumming, so when he kind of settles down, sound's weird.

Anyway, I don't know what Travis' involvement was on this song, so...

The song is ok but it's a bit boring. Not as good as the verses of Why Are We So Broken by Steve Aoki. The verse in that song is the only good part IMO. This song may as well have had Billie Joe Armstrong on it. The song sounds closer to Green Day than blink IMO.

I Know this might be a very unpopular opinion on here but as far as releases in the last 5 years goe drumwise:

Ilan Rubin > Travis..... by a mile!

travis' drumming was so special and you'd hear it was him a couple seconds in, but since they ditched tom and whent to the industry professionals, apart from a couple intros and stuff, he's exchangeable.

Ilan rips on everything he does: paramoe, NIN, and the new ava stuff are marvelous drumwise

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jlx9 said:

Anybody else think Mark’s part sounds similar to that clip from Feldmann’s studio? 

Maybe not as similar now listening to it again, but considering this never saw the light of day (yet), I wonder if Mark just revamped the melody for this feature. It’s probably a stretch or Mark just reuses melodies.

Nahhh

1 hour ago, Neal said:

I Know this might be a very unpopular opinion on here but as far as releases in the last 5 years goe drumwise:

Ilan Rubin > Travis..... by a mile!

travis' drumming was so special and you'd hear it was him a couple seconds in, but since they ditched tom and whent to the industry professionals, apart from a couple intros and stuff, he's exchangeable.

Ilan rips on everything he does: paramoe, NIN, and the new ava stuff are marvelous drumwise

Unfortunately these couple of intros and stuff are the last threads that resemble blink (to some extent), and not make them a 100% generic tasteless band.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Absolute joke that Skiba isn’t in it.

Yeah I agree, but considering Goody Grace was already singing and playing guitar and Mark barely had a feature, I guess there wasn’t enough room for three singers.

Still could’ve had him in the music video and acted like he was apart of it. Mark should’ve had the second verse and Matt could’ve probably done the bridge (although I like Mark’s voice on this song).