The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, YANGGANG_2020 said:

You're the one spending every waking moment searching for negative comments about Matt Skiba on the internet to apologize for him.

Waking up being positive everyday is a hell of a lot healthier waking up needing to be negative everyday.

56 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Waking up being positive everyday is a hell of a lot healthier waking up needing to be negative everyday.

It's not positivity, it's sadness.  Accepting your role models have aged, become jaded, and deteriorated in talent isn't unhealthy.  Pretending they still give a shit when they clearly don't and jumping up and down to "Youth of suburbia!" lines is more unhealthy and confusing for your brain.  To each their own though.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, YANGGANG_2020 said:

It's not positivity, it's sadness.  Accepting your role models have aged, become jaded, and deteriorated in talent isn't unhealthy.  Pretending they still give a shit when they clearly don't and jumping up and down to "Youth of suburbia!" lines is more unhealthy and confusing for your brain.  To each their own though.

B046825-D-F392-4-FC5-8-F6-F-E337-DD1-F64

• Like 2

I'm seeing a bunch of people overjoyed and in disbelief that My Chemical Romance apparently reunited. Were any of you big fans of theirs?I didn't realize they had such a big/longlasting influence, I feel like the last time I saw this type of reaction to a band reuniting it was Blink haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

I'm seeing a bunch of people overjoyed and in disbelief that My Chemical Romance apparently reunited. Were any of you big fans of theirs?I didn't realize they had such a big/longlasting influence, I feel like the last time I saw this type of reaction to a band reuniting it was Blink haha

Huge fan. Met Gerard at a comic book signing. Down to earth, humble dude. Glad his Netflix show is a hit.

Best concert lineup ever for me was MCR opening for blink (though at the time Gerard did seem... disinterested...in the performance and the breakup happened 6 months later).

I imagine how I feel about MCR, a ton of people feel about other bands I didn't quite get into like Motion City or Brand New, but I don't give a fuck and have gotten over the MCR emo stigma a long time ago. I love the stories their albums told and thought their messages were important overall.

Couldn't afford the reunion show but fingers crossed MCR tours or something.

Honestly I'd take an MCR reunion over Tom back in blink these days as Nine is ok, AVA is better and Tom, Mark and Travis are happy with the current lineup. So there ya go. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I don't know, man ... I probably gotta change my vote.

He was super cool about it. Didn’t tell me off or anything. Just smiled and said no thanks and kept chatting to me for a bit, took a photo with me then he went backstage to watch the show and I went back to the floor. Didn’t realise what I’d said till days later.

They don't get enough "cred" because they have an ultra passionate female fanbase, but they're an insanely skilled rock band with a lot of creativity, lyrically and musically in general. Plus, they have been a positive influence for so many people, used their platform to speak out against suicide, drug abuse and other issues, which never hurts. I've always respected what they represented and them as a band. 

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Lol nah. It wasn’t that long ago. He was out here touring as Gerard Way not MCR.

Ah gotcha. Didn't catch those shows. I think he was teetering on and off for awhile there at the end of MCR but yeah I'm uncertain of his status during the Heistant Alien era. Still cool you met him outside of a meet and greet session though.

17 hours ago, Elisa said:

They don't get enough "cred" because they have an ultra passionate female fanbase, but they're an insanely skilled rock band with a lot of creativity, lyrically and musically in general. Plus, they have been a positive influence for so many people, used their platform to speak out against suicide, drug abuse and other issues, which never hurts. I've always respected what they represented and them as a band. 

Yeah, I mean there were a ton of female fans there at my shows I saw MCR, which was really cool, but there was also pits too with your emo punk dudes or whatever moshing. Kinda like blink shows but without the "suburban bros" for the most part. I definitely vibe with MCR's positive messages though. Helped me in tough times.

I'll never forget how Gerard went on a tangent the first show I saw them about how if a rock star ever asks a girl backstage to take her shirt off for them...he paused and at this point some audience members cheered...then he said something like, "You tell that fucking asshole to fuck off." Then the crowd erupted. I remember even then thinking, "This dude ain't like my parent's rockstars."

Anyways, good times.

(Just now thinking of Tom: "You have giant boobies. And I bet you're not 18. Do you have a note from your mom? I wanna meet your mom.")

• Like 1