The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I don't know if anyone has ever noticed or had a similar opinion, but sometimes I get Latino styled vibes in blink songs. Fallen Interlude has that vibe and Interlude from +44 has it too. Run Away from Nine kinda has that vibe too. I've always known about blink's influences like the Cure, Refused, Descendents and U2/The Police in the case of Tom. But I've never heard of them being influenced by that Mexican styled music. I don't know if they are? But I definitely get that vibe from some blink songs or side projects especially the 3 songs I mentioned.

2 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

I don't know if anyone has ever noticed or had a similar opinion, but sometimes I get Latino styled vibes in blink songs. Fallen Interlude has that vibe and Interlude from +44 has it too. Run Away from Nine kinda has that vibe too. I've always known about blink's influences like the Cure, Refused, Descendents and U2/The Police in the case of Tom. But I've never heard of them being influenced by that Mexican styled music. I don't know if they are? But I definitely get that vibe from some blink songs or side projects especially the 3 songs I mentioned.

Like mariachi music?

41 minutes ago, Smalls said:

Like mariachi music?

Not mariachi music but I do think those 3 songs specifically have that Mexican vibe to it. Like they all have those acoustic licks to it that just makes think of movies like Once Upon a Time in Mexico or something haha.

8 minutes ago, thongrider said:

Hasn't Travis mentioned his Latin influences? 

It'd make the most sense for him since he usually brings those outside influences a bit more. I know he's brought in the drum & bass influences to songs like Violence & Bored to Death but it tends to be just drum beats only haha. But he did take charge of the Fallen Interlude and majority of Nine he had way more input for than previous albums. Not sure how they came across for Interlude by +44 though. Most of the +44 album isn't spoken about as much regarding how they worked on the songwriting.

9 minutes ago, NotNow said:

+44 is better than anything mark has done for blink-182.

Eeeeeeehhhh

I mean, I think it's some of his best work but I wouldn't put it above all mark tracks with blink ever. Although it's better than all Mark tracks since the first split (bar Kaleidoscope, I love that song). 

• Like 2

I mean I love +44 as much as the next, but Dude Ranch - Self Titled? With all their biggest hits including Dammit that put them on the map, all the hilarious videos that got them popular? Feeling This, Here's Your Letter, WMAA, Rollercoaster, Going Away..all of Dude Ranch?

I don't think so man. Lyrically it might be his best but blink has way more to offer

• Like 1