The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Travis: Hey XXX wants to collab with blink, told him we'd be down.

Mark: Cool, we don't have to ask Matt he's probably busy...

Matt:

Travis: Hey I'm working with this upcoming artist Goody Grace, told him blink would do a song with him

Mark: Awesome! Totally. We don't have to bother Matt, he's probably busy...

Matt:

Mark: Hey The Chainsmokers want to work with blink, told them we'd be down. 

Travis: Hell yeah, down whenever just hit me up. I won't bother Skiba, I know he stays busy with Trio stuff

Matt: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

On 12/13/2019 at 4:04 PM, Ry-Bread said:

Hey @daveyjones what’s the scoop on these, how common were they or how were they handed out? One is up on eBay and was just curious, I’ve seen it before but don’t know the history of it!

cargo promo poster. handed out for free at shows during the first half of 96. i got mine at SOMA in january 1996. they were handed out flat, so you'll almost always see them folded into quads (we stuffed em in our pockets and made our way into the pit!).

the photo is by kerry key, taken at the showcase theater in corona on july 18, 1995.
the original is on his flickr page:

Blink-182 at the Showcase Theater in Corona July 18,1995

note that this shot on flickr is cropped. this same poster image was used on the back of the m+m's promo CD which was sent to local radio in the fall of 1995 and debuted on san diego alternative rock station 91x:

mms.jpg

check out the circle drawn around the middle finger of someone flipping off the band!

and i love the small details, like the buddha-era sticker on the guitar case:

buddha-Sticker.jpg

PM me for further info...

• Like 4

The headlines are a bit click bait on those, but he just said “never say never”, that he hasn’t talked to Shane/Craig in years, and that they are all likely at different points in there lives.

Would totally be down with either +44 or BCR reunion shows. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NJanSaid said:

Fuck, +44 would be so fresh right now.  

5 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Does my heart good to see stuff like this

flZumAY_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

I'd be down for a reunion tour but with Mark and Travis being in different points in their lives and the decline in their music, I really think a new album would probably just be taking a massive dump on their legacy. Same with BCR. Occasionally tour it, but don't make shitty music to the only 2 truly great side projects blink ever had.

• Like 1