The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Went back and listened to a good chunk of California and Nine today. Nine stayed about the same, really enjoyed it for what it was but still kind of off and California still just didn't click much for me. It's okay enough but never a go to and then I realized I kind of just always liked Tom's vocals. I miss his voice in Blink. Now, I know he was shit live and I know his vocal style changed a bit over the years but on record you always knew it was Tom, his voice was unique and for that he has always been a singer I clicked with. I think that's the main reason I never went fanboy over the new stuff. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Went back and listened to a good chunk of California and Nine today. Nine stayed about the same, really enjoyed it for what it was but still kind of off and California still just didn't click much for me. It's okay enough but never a go to and then I realized I kind of just always liked Tom's vocals. I miss his voice in Blink. Now, I know he was shit live and I know his vocal style changed a bit over the years but on record you always knew it was Tom, his voice was unique and for that he has always been a singer I clicked with. I think that's the main reason I never went fanboy over the new stuff. 

He’s a unique individual by all accounts. Blink is one of those unique bands that truly needs all 3 members (Mark, Tom, and Travis...dont be stupid and mention Scott) to truly remain blink-182. You could argue maybe possibly Travis could be removed (and you’d be wrong), but certainly...without Mark AND Tom...there is no true blink-182 :-(

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Agreed. I also think mark and toms voice sound better together than mark and skibas.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

He’s a unique individual by all accounts. Blink is one of those unique bands that truly needs all 3 members (Mark, Tom, and Travis...dont be stupid and mention Scott) to truly remain blink-182. You could argue maybe possibly Travis could be removed (and you’d be wrong), but certainly...without Mark AND Tom...there is no true blink-182 :-(

Scott could obviously replace Travis again. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Smalls said:

Agreed. I also think mark and toms voice sound better together than mark and skibas.

They definitely do. As much as I love skibas singing Mark and Tom definitely complimented each other better.

I’m glad they let Skiba sound like Skiba on Nine though. His voice works a hell of a lot better on Nine then Cali. 

• Like 3