The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, Neckbeard_Jan said:

On NINE they did a good job differentiating the two.

On Cali it was like Burger King vs apples, same thing.

Nine was like Burger King vs homemade chilli, huge difference.

You know what I appreciate about you, Jan? You always keep current board references in your posts. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Remember when Bored to Death came out and we were trying to clear up which parts were Mark and which parts were Matt?

It's so obvious now that I've heard it 1000 times, but that was definitely a thing haha.

yea I remember it took a bunch of listens before I ever figured out it was Skiba on the second verse. And that’s coming from someone who listened to Marks voice ALOT for the last 17 years leading up to that song. 

• Like 1

Found a lost interview from Tom (dating December 4th 2014) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56LggylVjcE

When I caught up to Tom on December 4, 2014, he had actually begun sessions with Blink on what would become the California album. But the yearning to return to A&A was too great and he left the band before completion of the album. Our conversation focused on The Dream Walker, Angels & Airwaves’ fifth album, which would literally be released five days after the interview. DeLonge told me it was based on a character he’d created 15 years earlier called Poet Anderson, a lucid dreamer based heavily on the guitarist himself. “It’s synonymous with myself in the respect where I’ve always been a dreamer,” De Longe told me. “I’m trying really hard to do something that really moves people but I completely know I’m not the best. I’m a mediocre musician at best. I’m a jack of all trades but a master at none. I think that’s the best way to describe myself.” Modest, self-effacing and yet firmly in control of his art and his business—including film, books, software, clothing and comic books—here the guitar player talks about life with A&A, final days with Blink 182 and how he was OK with not being the fastest guitar player in the room.

3 minutes ago, jlx9 said:

Update: So you can tell during Cynical, Matt’s studio track is even playing with him. Is he sick or something? It’s like Blizzcon all over again, but more awkward.

What the fuck.

It’s just the video stream that makes it way more obvious. We go through this every time on here lol. At the actual show it’s obviously still there but wouldn’t be anywhere near as noticeable.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

It’s just the video stream that makes it way more obvious. We go through this every time on here lol. At the actual show it’s obviously still there but wouldn’t be anywhere near as noticeable.

I know they’ve been using instrumental backing tracks live and Matt’s always mixed too low for anybody to hear but the whole using Tom’s vocals (and Matt’s studio vocals) with Matt is ridiculous.

Watching I Miss You right now and it seems to have stopped. You’d figure they would play that iconic “WHERE ARE YOU?” line from Tom lmao. 

I’m taking too long to comment, and just listened to Bored to Death, they’re back again. The bridge was hilarious because some glitch happened with the livestream and Mark’s studio vocals got delayed. Mark even laughed at the end. 

Have no idea what’s going on at this point but I guess it’s a lot more entertaining than hearing them play the same set over again.

• Haha 2