The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I really don't see the need for backing tracks though. They know the material, they have in ear monitors, and if it's down to lighting timings just key everything to a click track - a full backing track that is through the PA as well as monitors is just stupid. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

almost every single large touring act uses backing tracks, it's just reality. 

Not true, most touring rockbands with some dignity adds touring members to their live shows. 
Green Day, Foo Fighters, All Time Low, Sum 41 to name a few.. That is how you do it, not phoning it in with backing tracks you don't need.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Not true, most touring rockbands with some dignity adds touring members to their live shows. 
Green Day, Foo Fighters, All Time Low, Sum 41 to name a few.. That is how you do it, not phoning it in with backing tracks you don't need.

Not 100% on the others but All Time Low and Sum 41 definitely have live tracks. Most bands just have it mixed well enough that you can’t tell. 

27 minutes ago, Jon Benjamin said:

Not 100% on the others but All Time Low and Sum 41 definitely have live tracks. Most bands just have it mixed well enough that you can’t tell. 

Yeah, but they don't have to rely on the backing tracks as much cus they have added a guitarist on stage.. That, and they are probably better musicians tbh..

32 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Someone asked him on Instagram: why did the sound guy put Tom's voice in the mix? And he said: I'm not the sound guy 😂

That’s the attitude they show...it’s sad to be honest. He doesn’t even give a fuck about it. Lazy bastards. 

Mark’s bass is rad, kinda surprised Cynical is in there still. IRWIHY sounded fine I just don’t think it’ll ever translate to a huge pop from the audience or have the right energy live. (And it’s one of my favs off NINE now)

Just heard Mark say “Here’s a song from our last record” and play BTD? Lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Osgod said:

That’s the attitude they show...it’s sad to be honest. He doesn’t even give a fuck about it. Lazy bastards. 

Lmao. What do you want him to do? Go on some Instagram rant condemning whoever mixed the live stream? Matt wasn’t in control of the stream mix and it wasn’t an issue for anyone at the show so why should he be criticised for it?

If your not a fan of backing tracks in general thats one thing but to call them lazy and say they don’t care because of an issue that had 0 to do with them is bullshit.

7 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Lmao. What do you want him to do? Go on some Instagram rant condemning whoever mixed the live stream? Matt wasn’t in control of the stream mix and it wasn’t an issue for anyone at the show so why should he be criticised for it?

If your not a fan of backing tracks in general thats one thing but to call them lazy and say they don’t care because of an issue that had 0 to do with them is bullshit.

How does them having a wack ass backing track have “0 to do with them”?? Please explain. It seems it has 100% everything to do with them. That’s not something mark, Matt, and Travis didn’t authorize. How can you be so blind? I bet you voted for trump with Oliver 

• Like 1
  • Crab 2

31 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

How does them having a wack ass backing track have “0 to do with them”?? Please explain. It seems it has 100% everything to do with them. That’s not something mark, Matt, and Travis didn’t authorize. How can you be so blind? I bet you voted for trump with Oliver 

Mate. If you’re gonna try and act like a sick cunt at least read the discussion first because you’ve just made yourself look absolutely foolish once again.

We we’re talking about the backing track being so loud in the stream not backing tracks in general. Blink didn’t organise the sound guy who mixed the live stream so it’s obviously not their fault. That’s exactly what Matt said on Instagram, that’s exactly what I’m saying. It’s very simple.

7 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Mate. If you’re gonna try and act like a sick cunt at least read the discussion first because you’ve just made yourself look absolutely foolish once again.

We we’re talking about the backing track being so loud in the stream not backing tracks in general. Blink didn’t organise the sound guy who mixed the live stream so it’s obviously not their fault. That’s exactly what Matt said on Instagram, that’s exactly what I’m saying. It’s very simple.

If they weren’t lame and decided to go with backing tracks in the first place, they wouldn’t have that problem to begin with. Starts with them. Try to hold them at least some what accountable for their actions, ok? It’s that simple. 

ridiculous to call me a cunt for pointing out the obvious that any issues with their back tracks have “0 to do with them” is a completely false and obtuse statement. Sure...it’s not 100% their fault...but 0 is simply untrue as well. Sorry not sorry

• Like 2