The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

4 minutes ago, Neal said:

why not?

He suffers from bi-polar disorder, which has worsened in recent years. And I guess I should clarify...he's definitely not touring (Matt confirmed on IG), but he could be laying down drums for the album. (That's what he did on the last album)

19 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

He suffers from bi-polar disorder, which has worsened in recent years. And I guess I should clarify...he's definitely not touring (Matt confirmed on IG), but he could be laying down drums for the album. (That's what he did on the last album)

thats a shame. so many musicians with bi-polar disorder, it's crazy. I'd love some studies on this. why do active musicians always tend to be diagnosed with bi-polar, clinical depression, severe panic attacks etc.  there are so many bands i love, where people. especially the main guy, or singers, come out telling storys about their mental illness. i think it's super interesting

2 hours ago, Neal said:

thats a shame. so many musicians with bi-polar disorder, it's crazy. I'd love some studies on this. why do active musicians always tend to be diagnosed with bi-polar, clinical depression, severe panic attacks etc.  there are so many bands i love, where people. especially the main guy, or singers, come out telling storys about their mental illness. i think it's super interesting

This is totally anecdotal, but music/art can be used so effectively to channel and express your anxiety/depression/feelings in a healthy way when you don't know how to articulate those things just by talking or sorting them out mentally. I think that's one reason I've always been so passionate and attracted to music and songwriting. But on the other hand, it can also be an easy way to try to escape in an unhealthy way, and just try to bury everything with music or the lifestyle that comes with it. Just based on my experience and seeing friends with similar situations, I think a lot of times people who initially use music to cope end up using music to distract themselves from coping, and then it comes back to bite them when it's not working the same way anymore or they don't take care of themselves.

No idea if that answers your question or not haha, I think it's really interesting too though.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Neal said:

I haven't read it, but if you're interested, there's a book by Kay Redfield Jamison called Touched With Fire and it's about the link between bipolar disorder and creativity.

33 minutes ago, Kay said:

Saw this on Reddit, never seen it before, in hindsight its cute as heck and makes me super sad. 

It kinda loses its magic when you realise they did it multiple nights and was most likely planned ahead. But yes it is still great seeing them liking each other.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

It kinda loses its magic when you realise they did it multiple nights and was most likely planned ahead. But yes it is still great seeing them liking each other.

The first one was spontaneous I remember. Then they made it a thing that they did at a certain point in the show every night for the rest of the tour. Same with Travis saying hi. They do that a lot where they pick up on something and then integrate it into the show every night and make it not authentic.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NotNow said:

The first one was spontaneous I remember. Then they made it a thing that they did at a certain point in the show every night for the rest of the tour. Same with Travis saying hi. They do that a lot where they pick up on something and then integrate it into the show every night and make it not authentic.

Ah right that’s way better then. All I could remember was seeing a video then someone else popping in with a few other examples so it just always seemed fakeish. Glad it wasn’t atleast at the start.

• Like 1

@Diddy Faplord @Russel Coight

I hid the Fat Skiba thread that was started. It’s ok to talk shit here, but that was not thread worthy and it makes us look bad. Feel free to post that kind of stuff in other threads, but if a thread is going to be started it needs more substance than that. Especially when the name of it is “Fat Skiba.” 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I hid the Fat Skiba thread that was started. It’s ok to talk shit here, but that was not thread worthy and it makes us look bad. Feel free to post that kind of stuff in other threads, but if a thread is going to be started it needs more substance than that. Especially when the name of it is “Fat Skiba.” 

Good work mate.

6 hours ago, Ghent said:

remember the "Fat Tom" posts all over the internet, shortly after the reunion? Like the "I'm eatin' this" meme, or the Tom evolution meme? Seems like some things just stay the same.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

@Russel Coight  not sure what you had mentioned me in, but I’m assuming the thread involved the extremely unflattering angle of Skiba the other night that is floating around? 

It’s pretty bad, I hope he’s just eating awful staying up late painting and not boozing.

I was just mentioning what you said in the twitter/insta thread how that since the boards twitter/insta is going so well we shouldn’t post shitty threads insulting the band as it makes us look bad. Diddy understood and Ghent hide the thread.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 10:08 AM, Ry-Bread said:

@daveyjones @boxelder do either of you (or anyone) recall how many M&Ms promo CDs there are out there? Davey were those regularly available back in the day, or just sent to radio stations? (The 1995 grey cover single)

oof that’s not something id know for sure — may be best to ask the collectors group on fb, but davey may know