The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

2 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

if she's younger than Tom who, at the oldest is 18, it would still make her underage. 

if depression is a sarcastic state of mind, these lines are pretty much, well you guessed it.

Your words are kind
The kind that repeatedly say no
But that's alright
I'm older than you so I've got time

but yeah, I guess Tom could be writing about a fictional relationship between the singer and some lady. wouldn't make much sense, but you got me there. 

What did I guess exactly? 

You know most songs aren't actual real life events or accounts right? Rock Show never happened... I Won't Be Home for Christmas never happened... Easy Target wasn't about an experience anyone in the band had... I think you're reaching a bit. 

• Like 1

Just now, Speedo said:

What did I guess exactly? 

You know most songs aren't actual real life events or accounts right? Rock Show never happened... I Won't Be Home for Christmas never happened... Easy Target wasn't about an experience anyone in the band had... I think you're reaching a bit. 

I never considered this song took place on mars either...

meannnnning, that nobody can say the song takes place on earth, mars, or heck even this dimension. because you know, the song can be not only be fictional but can be from an unreliable narrator. so why even bother really? maybe Tom wrote a song about an old man who is love with a younger woman?

or you know, tom wrote about teenage love when he was a teenager. mentions the girl is younger. also says she's saying "no" to him. hmmm. what could this song ever be about? hmmm.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

meannnnning, that nobody can say the song takes place on earth, mars, or heck even this dimension. because you know, the song can be not only be fictional but can be from an unreliable narrator. so why even bother really? maybe Tom wrote a song about an old man who is love with a younger woman?

or you know, tom wrote about teenage love when he was a teenager. mentions the girl is younger. also says she's saying "no" to him. hmmm. what could this song ever be about? hmmm.

Whatever you say, metoo

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

What in the world?? It takes some world class mind-bending to conclude that that song is some salacious reference to dating and/or assaulting underage girls. I'm baffled right now haha.

Well, it didn't take place on Mars, Champ! 

14 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

What in the world?? It takes some world class mind-bending to conclude that that song is some salacious reference to dating and/or assaulting underage girls. I'm baffled right now haha.

I'd have written it off too....that is until I read the lyrics to Kiss and Tell. Truly creepy stuff.

6 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

the irony of the band that wrote songs about dating underage girls, running around nude, and generally being too immature to be taken seriously is this girl's choice of band attire. oh well.

I’m pretty sure they never sang about dating underage girls...Jesus Christ. So They had underage fans...is that your horrible whack point ?

3 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

if she's younger than Tom who, at the oldest is 18, it would still make her underage. 

if depression is a sarcastic state of mind, these lines are pretty much, well you guessed it.

Your words are kind
The kind that repeatedly say no
But that's alright
I'm older than you so I've got time

but yeah, I guess Tom could be writing about a fictional relationship between the singer and some lady. wouldn't make much sense, but you got me there. 

It also doesn’t mean he’s talking about an underage girl. Not sure about california , but 16 is the age of consent in a lot of states. And that’s really not bad if he was 18. Anyways, I don’t even know why I’m feeding your stupid argument anyways 

1 hour ago, Diddy Faplord said:

It also doesn’t mean he’s talking about an underage girl. Not sure about california , but 16 is the age of consent in a lot of states. And that’s really not bad if he was 18. Anyways, I don’t even know why I’m feeding your stupid argument anyways 

Not in my state. Also there are Romeo and Juliet laws...you know, what the title of the song references.

18 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Most places also allow for exceptions to the age of consent when the two people are close in age (usually about 2 years).