The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

18 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Such a rad show, cool to see a lot of Scott for once. Thanks for sharing! @daveyjones were you at this one?

You're welcome! I thought I had seen all the old full sets on YouTube or from the bootleg collections, but this one was new to me. The person who edited this video lost his plot during Enthused with all those cuts, but it was a very fun video to watch. You could hear the instruments very well and they sounded great! 💛

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Osgod said:

Old AVA and Tom signed and unsigned poster now at to the stars. I finally got the signed LOVE movie poster I was looking for years. 

Yeah I am out of wall room and don’t think I can justify $85 right now... cool they brought out some oldies though, wish some signed albums/vinyl would pop up. (Which btw they are still selling AVA albums despite that one article claiming his back catalogue sale included those which I don’t think is accurate)

2 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Such a rad show, cool to see a lot of Scott for once. Thanks for sharing! @daveyjones were you at this one?

this was the '97 KROQ almost acoustic xmas show. nope i wasn't at it; tickets are limited to VIP, industry people, and radio promo winners (or at least they were back then).

i don't know if '97 was professionally recorded for release, but the '98 show with travis was. these exist as various enema-era single b-sides and import edition bonus tracks as "Part X Live in Los Angeles."

851734_orig.jpg?156

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

sold out quickly. I'm not interested in the remaining lithograph. Wish the posters were a little bigger but that Love poster looks awesome, wish I got it. 

I had it in my cart for like 40 minutes as I browsed TTS looking for ANYTHING else that caught my eye for $15+ to get me free shipping... eventually sold out before I found something lol. 

• Haha 1

Watching the Alter Ego performance, i gotta say I really hope Darkside sticks around (ala BTD) as a Nine song that survives for setlists in years to come. (That's said assuming we wont really hear many more additional songs off Nine live).

In that Alter Ego performance, i LOVE the guitar during the pre-chorus, and Mark looks like he's having so much fun bouncing around in the chorus. If they can keep it at that level, id love to see it played as often as Violence, Stay Together, etc (not one of their Top 8 go-to singles, but in the next tier down).

PS: and retire Cynical. Let Dumpweed take its spot.

13 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

I had it in my cart for like 40 minutes as I browsed TTS looking for ANYTHING else that caught my eye for $15+ to get me free shipping... eventually sold out before I found something lol. 

I also had another signed tom poster in my cart and when I went to check out the other poster was already sold out. They should definitely block the chosen article for let’s say 30 min. Would have been so pissed if the love poster was soled out before I finished my order!

9 hours ago, Marik said:

Watching the Alter Ego performance, i gotta say I really hope Darkside sticks around (ala BTD) as a Nine song that survives for setlists in years to come. 

PS: and retire Cynical. 

Yeah I agree,  and it would make sense. Mark has said several times it's his favorite song from NINE to play, and it def is a lot more fun live than BIOMY/GD (which they cut quickly)/IRWIHY. I'd be fine with Cynical getting retired and replaced, seems kinda random in the setlist. The upcoming shows so far are all festivals, so I doubt we get any new NINE stuff...but really is a shame we haven't heard some of those live yet!!! (First Time/NHTSO in particular)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yeah I am out of wall room and don’t think I can justify $85 right now... cool they brought out some oldies though, wish some signed albums/vinyl would pop up. (Which btw they are still selling AVA albums despite that one article claiming his back catalogue sale included those which I don’t think is accurate)

selling his writing credits doesn't forbid him from selling albums. the rights to the songs are now with the new company, the rights to  the recordings are still at geffen/interscope (wdntw/i-empire) and TTS (everything else)

13 minutes ago, Osgod said:

New merch and limited edition poster available. Pretty meh. 

Been up hours and still haven't sold 150 of either... pretty bad, and Sandbag has seemed to have burned a lot of bridges with the blink community. The candy is neat, I would've bought some of those by themselves probably lol.

7 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Been up hours and still haven't sold 150 of either... pretty bad, and Sandbag has seemed to have burned a lot of bridges with the blink community. The candy is neat, I would've bought some of those by themselves probably lol.

Or they have fucked up the numbering again. So maybe 500 exist and not only 150...

5 hours ago, Osgod said:

New merch and limited edition poster available. Pretty meh. 

Dude check out Famous Burro's Instagram. Apparently he gave them the idea last year. It's truly sickening the amount of pull that guy has with the band. I bet he gets a cut of the $$ too. 

Tom hates that creep and here he is pitching merch ideas while they ignore every other common sense suggestion. 

Don't expect these to sell out either. The Christmas ones are still for sale 50% off

Edited by Feeling_This_1