The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

47 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I haven't listened to it since I was like 15! I'm kind of afraid to now. 

Haha I was gonna ask the group how they felt about all the jokes in the banter now that we’re older? Some of it was still funny but a lot of it was pretty cringe lol.  I used to think it was all the funniest shit in the world as an 8th grader when it came out. 

But the tracks are solid. I love Travis’s versions/reworks of the Dude Ranch and Cheshire Cat albums. As well, that vented snare sound really takes me back and gives me the feels. 

41 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Haha I was gonna ask the group how they felt about all the jokes in the banter now that we’re older? Some of it was still funny but a lot of it was pretty cringe lol.  I used to think it was all the funniest shit in the world as an 8th grader when it came out. 

But the tracks are solid. I love Travis’s versions/reworks of the Dude Ranch and Cheshire Cat albums. As well, that vented snare sound really takes me back and gives me the feels. 

I have always had an immature sense of humor, the jokes were funny and stupid then and they still are, I haven't grown out of them. 

2 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I have always had an immature sense of humor, the jokes were funny and stupid then and they still are, I haven't grown out of them. 

Me too I just Thought some of it was Super gayyy and not funny lol I can’t think of specifics of the top of my head, but listened to it earlier today. 

24 minutes ago, boxelder said:

no joke i still find most of TMT&TS outrageously funny. less the blatantly vulgar stuff but the sillier, odd stuff tacked on at the end (“everyone say, *out of breath* WE HATE MARK! *confused audience murmuring”)

Their humor in their heyday will never get old.  It's kind of like South Park, you can't help but laugh no matter who you are.  Unless you're from Kansas, then it's all about "sick California reference" and "sweet video featuring kids!" and pretending blink is more like the other bands..

5 hours ago, Just_Jan.. said:

Their humor in their heyday will never get old.  It's kind of like South Park, you can't help but laugh no matter who you are.  Unless you're from Kansas, then it's all about "sick California reference" and "sweet video featuring kids!" and pretending blink is more like the other bands..

Valentine’s Day got ya feeling a little sad? Gotta come on here and try to antagonise people just for kicks. Poor jan.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Haha I was gonna ask the group how they felt about all the jokes in the banter now that we’re older?

it's weird, by the time of that tour, and when that album came out, their act had become so scripted. it's not that they weren't funny, but by that time mark and tom had a "schtick." earlier, they were sort of just trying to amuse themselves, and the vibe was quite different.

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

it's weird, by the time of that tour, and when that album came out, their act had become so scripted. it's not that they weren't funny, but by that time mark and tom had a "schtick." earlier, they were sort of just trying to amuse themselves, and the vibe was quite different.

Yea. I didn’t realize until years later that it was all scripted when I’d start watching YouTube videos and they’d say the same shit every night. Kind of ruined it a little for me in that regard too

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Yea. I didn’t realize until years later that it was all scripted when I’d start watching YouTube videos and they’d say the same shit every night. Kind of ruined it a little for me in that regard too

totally. It feels pretty lame now, knowing their live performances from youtube already. It's not only the jokes. It's also the pick flicking or the crawling underneath the microphone stand and stuff like that. Last time I saw them live, I annoyed my friend big time by always telling her beforehand what they are about to do. The shows sadly feel kind of mechanic now.

2 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, there's a bootleg available of one of the 2 real shows this was supposedly recorded from. I've always wanted to hear it, if someone can post it. 

I wonder if all those bonus jokes are from real shows or just re recorded in a studio

Here you go 😃 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Here's one for ya:

In either episode 2 or 3 of the 2015 HMNIM podcast, Mark mentions doing a cover song for the tv series Stalker. I remembering watching that show (every episode) and noting the cool reimagining cover songs every episode- but never heard any Mark/Blink. Any one know more about this song they worked on?

4 minutes ago, Marik said:

Here's one for ya:

In either episode 2 or 3 of the 2015 HMNIM podcast, Mark mentions doing a cover song for the tv series Stalker. I remembering watching that show (every episode) and noting the cool reimagining cover songs every episode- but never heard any Mark/Blink. Any one know more about this song they worked on?

it could’ve been his cover of just what i needed by the cars, and perhaps they didn’t use it. he posed it last year when ric ocasek passed

On 2/15/2020 at 8:25 PM, Thibaut182 said:

Here you go 😃 

Holy shit they edited the guitars way too much. Tom adds some extra aggression in on the palm muted verses of Dumpweed, meaning he lets some of the chords ring out instead of palm muting the whole time....and they edited all of that out. That sucks 

Did he have any knowledge/impression that any of the band members would ever sit around and actually pick/approve/create tshirt designs themselves?

Any specific reference of an image and the band member who came up with it?

At what point did the band members stop being involved directly and design teams took over?

• Like 1