The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Here is an amazing throwback video. Amazing for two reasons, one of Travis’s first shows (not sure if he was an official member or not yet), and secondly, Tom plays guitar AND sings fantastically. @daveyjones do you know where the band was as far with Travis being a member or not at this time? Do you know how many shows he had done with them prior to this show?

edit- just looked up the timeline and it says this is the Travis’s first show as an official member!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

On 2/22/2020 at 7:10 PM, daveyjones said:

it was may / june 1998. the last performance ever with scott was may 1 at the hollywood palladium. i was there on the barricade. some pics i took:

05-01-98-01.jpg

05-01-98-02.jpg

That’s awesome you were at his last show, how crazy. When Travis first joined, what were your thoughts? As this would have been before they created enema, and before the major fame...did you foresee them changing their sound like they did when Travis joined ?

7 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

When Travis first joined, what were your thoughts?

oh my, that's a rabbit hole for another day. you can comb through this site for all my rants...

but yea it was a sad time. especially since i was friendly with scott. he let me and my GF at the time listen to the unmastered version of dude ranch when we stayed at the same motel 6 as the band after a show.

for me, and for many people in the scene, travis was already well-known in the aquabats. i had seen him perform several times with them. so it wasn't like "who's this guy?" it was more like "what's the aquabats dude doing in blink now?"

• Love 2

39 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

oh my, that's a rabbit hole for another day. you can comb through this site for all my rants...

but yea it was a sad time. especially since i was friendly with scott. he let me and my GF at the time listen to the unmastered version of dude ranch when we stayed at the same motel 6 as the band after a show.

for me, and for many people in the scene, travis was already well-known in the aquabats. i had seen him perform several times with them. so it wasn't like "who's this guy?" it was more like "what's the aquabats dude doing in blink now?"

Thanks man, I really do appreciate your input and love for the old blink, even tho some of us idiots may crack jokes about it around here from time to time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/22/2020 at 6:10 PM, daveyjones said:

it was may / june 1998. the last performance ever with scott was may 1 at the hollywood palladium. i was there on the barricade. some pics i took:

There's some videos with Scott after May 1, 1998 though, were those pre-recorded or something? Like this one is 5/16/1998:

Here's 5/31/1998:

There is a window there from 2/25/1998 (supposedly the very first time Travis had to fill in) through 6/15/1998 (Trav's first *official* appearance in blink as a member) that is just absolutely fascinating. God I would love for Scott to just come out and discuss his time with blink and clear the air on some of this stuff, enough time has passed!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

There's some videos with Scott after May 1, 1998 though, were those pre-recorded or something? Like this one is 5/16/1998

There is a window there from 2/25/1998 (supposedly the very first time Travis had to fill in) through 6/15/1998 (Trav's first *official* appearance in blink as a member) that is just absolutely fascinating. God I would love for Scott to just come out and discuss his time with blink and clear the air on some of this stuff, enough time has passed!

From my knowledge, Scott did the whole Australian tour in May 1998 starting May 13th and finishing May 24th. That interview from 5/16/1998 wasn't pre-recorded it was done on the same day as they had a show in the evening at the Palace in Melbourne and recorded Recovery during the morning.

He did three more shows in the US featured on the timeline after that, so basically his last tour was in Australia.

17438353_1813106355618804_40724389286557

Last three shows :

5/30/1998: The band performs at 12th St. and Pennsylvania Ave. in Washington, D.C., as part of the DC101 Chili Cook-Off.

5/31/1998: The band performs at Great Woods Amphitheater in Mansfield, Massachusettes as a part of WBCN River Rave '98.

6/1/1998: The band performs at Finger Lakes Performing Arts Center in Canandaigua, New York. We can reasonably assume Scott was still on drums, which might make this his final show with the band.

Scott was on a podcast last month (the Blink 155 podcast) but he didn't really answer any Blink questions though ... So I don't really know if he would do the same for 182 Podcast ? who knows

For all the pop punk kids of the early 00s, they definitely mention Blink (early 00s pop-punk fashion is so rad and cool!)

There's so much unspoken shit that happen in blink world, it's ridiculous. The scott drama, box car, the first breakup, ryan leaving angels, +44 just disappearing, the whole reunion era...

They all sure are a bunch of nutbags socialwise... I mean there is still no definate answer on what happend with blink in 2015.... The departure and return of david kennedy in ava was also never adressed. 

Oh a tell all documentary by everyone involved would be so interesting! I'd pay a lot to see that.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

There's some videos with Scott after May 1, 1998 though

yea, that's my typo, sorry. i meant "the last performance i ever saw with scott."

fixed in the original.

in anne's book she claimed scott came back for "one last show" at the hollywood palladium, after being asked to leave the band but she might have meant in the U.S.

On 2/24/2020 at 8:09 AM, Diddy Faplord said:

That’s awesome you were at his last show, how crazy. When Travis first joined, what were your thoughts? As this would have been before they created enema, and before the major fame...did you foresee them changing their sound like they did when Travis joined ?

FYI when you quote people, it's nifty to delete the images and/or videos in their original post. that way the thread doesn't get clogged up with dozens of repeated images.

• Crab 1

3 hours ago, Neal said:

There's so much unspoken shit that happen in blink world, it's ridiculous. The scott drama, box car, the first breakup, ryan leaving angels, +44 just disappearing, the whole reunion era...

They all sure are a bunch of nutbags socialwise... I mean there is still no definate answer on what happend with blink in 2015.... The departure and return of david kennedy in ava was also never adressed. 

Oh a tell all documentary by everyone involved would be so interesting! I'd pay a lot to see that.

So true. I love them all but I have always felt that they personally and regarding serious issues were just as immature as blink musically and when they used to goof around and having fun.. I especially remember the 2015 breakup and how their communication seem to went through social media. Maybe you want that to stay behind closed doors