The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

the fact that matt skiba isn't involved in this and it's called feat. blink 182 tells everything about the current state of the band. they don't feel save enough to double down on skiba as a full member, and other artist don't care about him either. it's not skiba's fault, but the whole blink name has turned into a brand. 

if tom was still around, we might have only one EP instead of two albums. but i would enjoy this band much more.

Gimme your crabs!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Neal said:

Gimme your crabs!

No crabs, just sending Skiba your way:

It bothers me a bit that he's not there, but I also think it's really cool that the kid got to play with his favorite band in any capacity so it's really just a harmless collab at this point. I actually like the song after hearing it again last night, had forgotten about it.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Neal said:

the whole blink name has turned into a brand. 

I think it's been like this for a bit now. I don't care too much, though, because there are still pockets of music I like (with Skiba). But this and some of the other collaborations are not worth listening to twice for me and that's a bummer. But, these seem like a handful of one-offs and (hopefully) not the ultimate direction the band will take. Band names are part of branding, I guess, but as long as there's music I enjoy, I don't care what name they use. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Knapppers said:

Anyone else love the Chainsmokers song they did? I'm seriously so addicted to it. I just fucking love it

I’ve grown to really like it as well lol and I thought it was dumb at first. But it’s really catchy. 

this Goody Grace song on the other hand is really just meh. Don’t care to ever hear it again. Did we ever figure out who the fuck Goody Grace is by the way?

• Like 1