The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

3 hours ago, mikela said:

I wonder if they were actually considering putting drums on it back when they recorded it.. its fun to hear but I dont think it fits the song very well

Yeah, definitely agree, although I do think he nailed it on the verses and the first half of the bridge. I feel like if that song was gonna have drums on it, it should've been kinda like There Is or Watch the World from BCR or the verses of Long Lost Feeling by blink rather than some fast pop punk song.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2020 at 10:12 AM, mikela said:

I wonder if they were actually considering putting drums on it back when they recorded it.. its fun to hear but I dont think it fits the song very well

im not sure about this but

i think i remmeber hearing either mark or tom say that usualy(at the time of making take off ur)

would record the guitars acoustically first before replacing them with electric guitars

and that for went went right, they said that they liked how it sounded with the acoustic guitars and decided to let it b 

idk if they ever tried drums 

that song is so beautiful the way it is

i like that travis is doing something to help people trough these corona times 

i agree that his drums dont fit the song at all

On 3/29/2020 at 4:39 PM, Feeling_This_1 said:

That was one of my suspicions too lol, he prices stuff so high it's laughable. I've bought many things on discogs for 25%-85% cheaper than that store. The stubborn bastard is a pain to bargain with.

The cute pricing is embarrassing to make offers for because you have to immediately cut at least half the price off, waste of time

most people will do 25%off max

On 3/29/2020 at 4:20 AM, Jan's Plan said:

What Went Wrong went kind of underrated.  It's aged well, would listen to today.

It’s a great little song and it makes me miss Tom. He is blink imo more than Mark and Travis

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Great interview:

Idk man they're always extremely political and serious in every interview, while also looking/dressing more like toddlers by the day.  It's important stuff but man can we ever talk about the music other than scripted answers?

• Like 1
  • Crab 2

3 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Great interview:

Edit: Until cringe Tom questions ~22:00 (Though both handled it well)

I’m just skimming but Matt seems to actually have a personality in this rather than saying the same few things over again which is nice. The Tom section wasn’t even that bad and I like how the interviewer actually brought Matt into the conversation instead of awkwardly sidelining him like everyone else.

• Like 2