The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

25 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

So it was a never a miley song first? Would’ve just been a feature?

Yeah that’s how I took it. And at one point he said it went through many iterations, some even more poppier, so that may have been the version he’s referring to.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

I’m sorry but if they did a song with Miley that’s just beyond cringe. It’s shit Ike this that makes me wish Tom was still here , because he wouldn’t go for this horse shit. I’d rather have flangers and space rock than Miley Cyrus anyway. 

Tbh Miley can at least carry a tune, id rather her than some shit rapper any day of the week. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kay said:

Tbh Miley can at least carry a tune, id rather her than some shit rapper any day of the week. 

I don’t want to hear shit rappers either. I’d rather hear Tom shitty voice than Miley Cyrus. That shouldn’t be in blink’s lane. Guess some people don’t care about integrity. 

• Like 1

My guess is they felt having Miley on the song would be a little too far out there for a lot of blink fans, and chose not to use it. Though I’d argue the commercial success of it would outweigh the crying fanboys. Seems like most either like IRWIHY or hate it anyway. 

I straight pooped on IRWIHY initially so I probably would’ve scoffed at Miley out of the gate, but I love that song now and she sounds good on that hook.

• Like 1

They need to release it. Bands sit on so much music that fans would love to hear. Fucking pisses me off. Marks said other day that the demo life so boring or whatever it’s called has vocals. I mean wtf. Release that shit ffs

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

I don’t want to hear shit rappers either. I’d rather hear Tom shitty voice than Miley Cyrus. That shouldn’t be in blink’s lane. Guess some people don’t care about integrity. 

Blink haven't had integrity in forever, bit late to care about it now. 

• Like 3
  • Crab 1

17 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

I’m sorry but if they did a song with Miley that’s just beyond cringe. It’s shit Ike this that makes me wish Tom was still here , because he wouldn’t go for this horse shit. I’d rather have flangers and space rock than Miley Cyrus anyway. 

Except we got Yelawolf on PLG... so... you sure?

• Haha 1

What in the hell hahaha. I don't know if I can buy into the collaboration theory, it's much much more believable that the songwriters shopped it to Miley as well as Blink and Blink just ended up using it.

It does seem much more in Miley's wheelhouse though obviously, I bet it would've been a big hit for her if she had released it.

• Like 2

How is it a collaboration theory? It’s been confirmed by mark It was a collaboration and the snippet had both mark and Miley singing on it. Ya know, like a collaboration. If it was just a Miley song then it would just be Miley singing on the track but it wasn’t.

Some of you try too hard to shit on the band sometimes that you make no sense.

• Like 1