The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

11 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Wow, my buddy sent me this from the Untitled Anniversary show we went to awhile back, still the sickest shows I’ve been to. Sorry for the vertical, but this was how the rail view was at that show... 

Definitely the best show I’ve been too!  Was this the first or second show they did at the Palladium?

10 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Wow, my buddy sent me this from the Untitled Anniversary show we went to awhile back, still the sickest shows I’ve been to. Sorry for the vertical, but this was how the rail view was at that show... 

Nice!  What night did you go to?  I went to the first show at Hollywood Palladium and agree with you...probably my favorite show I've ever been to.  When they came out for the second half of the show and I realized it wasn't going to just be a greatest hits thing, I lost it.  Hearing Mutt after all these years was something else.  Also started my love for The Interrupters which became one of my favorite bands.

21 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Cool, thanks for sharing!

- how did u get tixs? Regular TM when they went on sale? I imagine there was crazy demand

- considering everyone going to those shows were diehards, how long did you wait to get that rail spot?

- did you purposely want to be in front of Mark - as opposed to Tom? Or was that just the spot that was open when u ran in?

15 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

Those untitled anniversary shows were insane. The only blink show I’ve been to where everyone knew every song and there was no people there who just showed up for the usual hits. 

Agree!  I also went to the DollaBill show and that was actually a bit crazier but we were all younger back then haha.  Within 2 minutes of the that show, I got popped in the eye and lost a contact.  Then the entire mosh pit fell over and I lost my shoe and someone grabbed it and threw it at the stage.  So for one of the best shows of my life, I was was one-eyed and hopping on one leg the entire time. I have some great pictures from the DollaBill show that a professional photographer took but anytime I try to upload something on here, it says the file is too big.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, BlinkFloyd said:

Nice!  What night did you go to?  I went to the first show at Hollywood Palladium and agree with you...probably my favorite show I've ever been to. 

Went both nights, flew out to LA just for them (only 2 days I’ve been in Cali if you don’t count LAX layovers, and flew right back)!

19 minutes ago, Marik said:

Cool, thanks for sharing!

- how did u get tixs? Regular TM when they went on sale? I imagine there was crazy demand

- considering everyone going to those shows were diehards, how long did you wait to get that rail spot?

- did you purposely want to be in front of Mark - as opposed to Tom? Or was that just the spot that was open when u ran in?

I don’t recall specifically other than just getting them right when they went on sale, but had VIP both nights so being “up front” was easy, maintaining that was a different story. One of the nights we had to get out of there early just to breathe, it was nuts. 

I usually choose Mark’s side. I think I’ve told the story probably a few times at this point, but I also met Trav for the first time afterwards which was so dope.

13 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

How is it a collaboration theory? It’s been confirmed by mark It was a collaboration and the snippet had both mark and Miley singing on it. Ya know, like a collaboration. If it was just a Miley song then it would just be Miley singing on the track but it wasn’t.

Some of you try too hard to shit on the band sometimes that you make no sense.

And, there's a collaboration EP in the works too - so it's not super unexpected. 

I didn't like that small clip at all. Too short to fully judge, though.

17 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

One of the nights we had to get out of there early just to breathe, it was nuts.

Happened to me with my friends on the Honda Civic tour two rows from the rail. Had to crowd surf out of there during what’s my age again. Show was much more enjoyable from the middle of the pit. The rail is overrated.

Was there for the 11/11/13 show. Took a day trip from DC to LA. Whole thing lasted 26 hours and made it back in time for class the next day on a red eye. 

No way was I missing my favorite band + all time favorite album. I left halfway during Dammit cause I hadn’t eaten all day and was so dead. 

Ended up meeting Travis and Mark behind the venue before the show. Mark signed my Untitled LP and it was already signed by Travis earlier that year. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

How is it a collaboration theory? It’s been confirmed by mark It was a collaboration and the snippet had both mark and Miley singing on it. Ya know, like a collaboration. If it was just a Miley song then it would just be Miley singing on the track but it wasn’t.

Some of you try too hard to shit on the band sometimes that you make no sense.

I didn't realize Mark confirmed anything about it, it just seemed equally likely to me that some engineer had both sessions and put them together in that little clip. Either way I don't see why I was shitting on the band, it's not like either one of those scenarios is cooler or less lame than the other haha. Is an unheard collaboration between Blink and Miley Cyrus really a better option than the existence of a full Miley Cyrus version that wasn't released? Both of those options are hilariously weird haha.

• Like 1

If you’re BTD I just uploaded these from shows I attended. (Again sorry for the vertical, idk if these will just look blurry or need to be watched on desktop or what.)

But here is Trav’s full drum solo from EOTS20 on 7/3/2019, I got one of these drumsticks:

And here is Tom’s full medley from 12/14/2019:

• Like 2

i know this has been posted before, but i just watched this and damn, what a great interview. Completely changed my mind.

I still dislike the music they've put out since 2015 but i think they should go on and do what they feel like doing. Matt's answers on the tom questions where absolute Class!

• Like 1

Local top 40 pop radio station (more like top 10 songs only on repeat) is doing 2 hours throw back session to take everyone minds off the pandemic and... they play all the small things. My mind is blown that this station would play blink, yet alone anything in that genre as it hasn’t In At least a decade.  Funny they were taking about the “little windmill” line and contemplating what it means... if I’m not mistaken didn’t Tom say it was in reference to his wife giving him bjs after coming home from work/ tour?