The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Most people who create something very big try to get out of it's shadow and create something new afterward that is respected on its own merits. They don't quit something big, just to ride on its coattails through cheap promotion gimmicks for the rest of their career.

It's hard when your spirit's as strong as Tom's.

• Crab 2

6 hours ago, Neal said:

I dont try to hate on the fact they rarely are in the studio all together. I just find it dumb it always gets brought up negatively when talking about neighborhoods.

Have you any proof of them being all three of them in the studio at the same time for recording nine?

Not that it matters, but i hate how it's a catastrophy if tom wants to work like it but its totally okay right now.

Get your opinion straight mate

I have to thank Ry for posting those photos cause I was never going to go to that much effort.

My opinions are straight mate. But just cause you don’t like new blink that much doesn’t mean you should just make up stories to make your point seem more valid.

2 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

- with someone else

And why shouldn't he? He created blink, it's all his work that made blink the promotion tool for AVA. Totally don't get this argument. If you created something that got that big, wouldn't you use it as well to get recognition for new endeavors? He earned it.

He can use blink to help promote Ava sure. But when you lie and less on your fans and band mates for years about doing new music for blink when you’re only actually going to do Ava shit then that’s being a cunt. Plain and simple.

I dabbled in the boards a few years back, I can't remember if I have to throw my hat in the ring and do an akward icebreaker.

Here it is. Brit, blink fan since 2013. Reluctant cat person. My forearms are basically hairless. Good afternoon and morning to you fine bunch

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

I dabbled in the boards a few years back, I can't remember if I have to throw my hat in the ring and do an akward icebreaker.

Here it is. Brit, blink fan since 2013. Reluctant cat person. My forearms are basically hairless. Good afternoon and morning to you fine bunch

How do you feel about Oasis?

8 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Wonderful introduction, no one ever talks about their arm hair around here. Welcome aboard! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kay said:

Wonderful introduction, no one ever talks about their arm hair around here. Welcome aboard! 

Thank you Kay for the welcome, appreciate it. I will do my best to supplement that very gap 

• Love 1

50 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

He can use blink to help promote Ava sure. But when you lie and less on your fans and band mates for years about doing new music for blink when you’re only actually going to do Ava shit then that’s being a cunt. Plain and simple.

You’re acting like he’s personally let you down. He doesn’t owe any fans shit. You don’t know if he ever lied either, totally fan fiction from your part.

8 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

You’re acting like he’s personally let you down. He doesn’t owe any fans shit. You don’t know if he ever lied either, totally fan fiction from your part.

He did let me down. We were promised new music, continually told it was coming and being worked on when in truth Tom was never interested in doing it. He doesn't owe us anything sure but the all he had to do is be honest from the start rather then just use the blink name to fund his other projects while stringing the fans along is wrong no matter how you try to spin it. I have 0 issues with Tom/Ava now and fully support him since he is honest about what he's doing and how he has no interest in doing blink but pretending that reunion Tom behaved right is ridiculous. I'll trust Mark and Travis word when they say Tom was being dishonest with the fans so yeah no fan fiction here.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

He did let me down. We were promised new music, continually told it was coming and being worked on when in truth Tom was never interested in doing it. He doesn't owe us anything sure but the all he had to do is be honest from the start rather then just use the blink name to fund his other projects while stringing the fans along is wrong no matter how you try to spin it. I have 0 issues with Tom/Ava now and fully support him since he is honest about what he's doing and how he has no interest in doing blink but pretending that reunion Tom behaved right is ridiculous. I'll trust Mark and Travis word when they say Tom was being dishonest with the fans so yeah no fan fiction here.

Yeah, we were promised new music, and that was probably true when he said it, but things came in the way. As I’m the same way as Tom (at least how I interpret how he is) I understand why he does things like that. No sense of arguing this, were not going anywhere with it.

I will say though that I truly believe that the blink reunion was a little bigger than Tom expected, I think he never intended blink to be number one on his priority list even though it became that way no matter how hard he tried. This is, of course, fan fiction from me as well.

I may dislike current blink and really dig Toms later work, but there's really no excusing Toms past behaviour. Dude was a straight up prick. Arrogant, conceited, selfish and blind to what was going on around him, and he still is sometimes, only now he also seems totally fucking nuts so it's less irritating and more sad. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Yeah, we were promised new music, and that was probably true when he said it, but things came in the way. As I’m the same way as Tom (at least how I interpret how he is) I understand why he does things like that. No sense of arguing this, were not going anywhere with it.

I will say though that I truly believe that the blink reunion was a little bigger than Tom expected, I think he never intended blink to be number one on his priority list even though it became that way no matter how hard he tried. This is, of course, fan fiction from me as well.

If things come in the way then just be honest. "I thought i wanted to do this but my heart isn't in this. It's not what i want my main priority to be. sorry." There. That would have solved every issue I and a lot of others have with how Tom behaved. Instead he kept acting like he intended to record when he knew he was never going to commit just to fund his other projects. Its dodgy.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Kay said:

I may dislike current blink and really dig Toms later work, but there's really no excusing Toms past behaviour. Dude was a straight up prick. Arrogant, conceited, selfish and blind to what was going on around him, and he still is sometimes, only now he also seems totally fucking nuts so it's less irritating and more sad. 

i used to love blink, i tought they were so terrific and so fresh

they would lift my day in the morning 

and help me 2 go to sleep at night

then i heard that My Pet Sally was about how tom's cat died

....cant listen to them no more 

4 hours ago, just_bringing_good_chats said:

pink floyd was such a great band i listened to atomic mother the other day and was re-afirmed in my belief of how good they were

they tried 2 frankstein this new version of blink to appeal comericaly and it realy stinks 

You are taking a deep dive into Floyd!  I haven't listened to Atom Heart Mother in years. But yeah, the older I get, the more it solidifies that I think they are the best classic rock band.

100% agree with you about trying to appeal commercially.  When Mark says "I'm so happy for the death of genres"... No, Mark.  You are just using that as an excuse in your quest to become FOB and PATD and completely cross over to pop music. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kay said:

Again, I can’t understand why this is upsetting the fan base, I’m guessing he never been an arrogant prick towards you, or maybe I’m wrong? It’s like hating on Liam for no reason. The Quo message boards have this exact problem as well, people hating on Francis for no reason.

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

If things come in the way then just be honest. "I thought i wanted to do this but my heart isn't in this. It's not what i want my main priority to be. sorry." There. That would have solved every issue I and a lot of others have with how Tom behaved. Instead he kept acting like he intended to record when he knew he was never going to commit just to fund his other projects. Its dodgy.

Yes, Mark, Travis and the record company can be upset and feel angry towards Tom in this situation, I don’t understand why you are, you’re not involved. Or at least I don’t think you are, if you are, then I apologize.

36 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Again, I can’t understand why this is upsetting the fan base, I’m guessing he never been an arrogant prick towards you, or maybe I’m wrong? It’s like hating on Liam for no reason. The Quo message boards have this exact problem as well, people hating on Francis for no reason.

Yes, Mark, Travis and the record company can be upset and feel angry towards Tom in this situation, I don’t understand why you are, you’re not involved. Or at least I don’t think you are, if you are, then I apologize.

tom as goten much better, i think kay should be happy about that and wish him to get even better