The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Incase anyone CBA to read it, here's the bit about untitled demos -

15. Did you guys have any new songs that were unreleased before Blink-182 broke up? If so, do you think the fans will ever have a chance to hear them?

Yes we did. On the last North American tour, we took out a pro-tools rig and set up a demo studio in a dressing room every day. During the long hours of downtime on tour, we would go in there and lay down ideas for the next blink-182 album. There were some cool songs started in those dressing rooms. After Tom quit, our old manager called and said that he was going to take some of the ideas that we had started on the tour and rerecord them for Tom’s new band. When the Angels and Airwaves record came out, I was actually excited to hear what had become of those ideas. There were some great beginnings in those demos. I was really disappointed in what became of them, though, for the same reasons I mentioned above. I thought they would have made great blink-182 songs, but something got lost in the translation.

• Like 4

I have a love/hate relationship with that b182 mark interview. I kinda love it but i also think it's the stupidest thing ever.

Like there is a lot of nice inside into the bands seperation, but at the same time, mark was so desperate to have the blink fans on his side..... i think a  lot of the answers were exaggerated/made up, to gain him popularity amongst the fanbaser after the split.

Same thing happen in 2005: the whole story about tom's infmaous mail "tom. is. out." ... he contradicted that story in some interviews, sometimes mentioned aphonecall, sometimes tom sendt the email, sometimes rick.... 

there is no question tom quit that band. But there is  no doubt in my mind mark helped to spin it in a way, that only tom looked at fault for the whole situation.

My biggest issue with it is how much of a hypocrite it makes him sound now. +44 did end up playing blink songs live. Blink did continue without Tom and with a new guitarist. It's 15 years old though and people change, just makes me sad in hindsight. 

59 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Who else hated b182.com? That interview was amazing, of course, but the owner of the site was a giant douche.

Ooh I fucking hated them. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Neal said:

I have a love/hate relationship with that b182 mark interview. I kinda love it but i also think it's the stupidest thing ever.

Like there is a lot of nice inside into the bands seperation, but at the same time, mark was so desperate to have the blink fans on his side..... i think a  lot of the answers were exaggerated/made up, to gain him popularity amongst the fanbaser after the split.

Same thing happen in 2005: the whole story about tom's infmaous mail "tom. is. out." ... he contradicted that story in some interviews, sometimes mentioned aphonecall, sometimes tom sendt the email, sometimes rick.... 

there is no question tom quit that band. But there is  no doubt in my mind mark helped to spin it in a way, that only tom looked at fault for the whole situation.

I assume you mean 2015? I always they’ve been super consistent with the story about the second break up. You got links to those interviews where he’s contradicted himself? I’d like to read.

Mark definitely wasn’t as faultless as he made himself out to be at the original break up. Still definitely more Tom but mark wasn’t completely without blame.

I definitely frequented the site b182.com but that was only because blinkcentral or some shit closed (loved how blinkcentral had random-ass trivia about blink on the top banner every time you got to the main-page). I don't remember if I ever commented on b182. Can't say if they were assholes or not. Wasn't heartbroken when it shut down either.

As for the interview, I definitely feel bummed that Mark used to see blink as him and Tom and Travis but then got so sick of Tom he changed his mind and decided to collect a bigger paycheck rather than reverting back to +44 for the past 5+ years.

But it's whatever. I've seen the Matt lineup twice so I'm a hypocrite too.

• Like 1