The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 minute ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Oh I get it, for sure! I do think there are fake or casual fans too.  But I also think Kay was right that not everyone keeps up with music online like you or I may do.  I was kind of a dick when we were ranking songs from each blink album on this site...I tend to hate on the ones that try to tell me First Date is better than Give Me One Good Reason. lol. So I understand where you’re coming from. 

Right!! Although I don't search music online too much. Blink 182 is and has been my favorite band since 2000 so I keep myself on mailing lists snd follow  them and Mark on Twitter/Instagram. I also used to call the record store once a month just to check in. I know I'm a dork.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Iblinkfor182Always said:

Right!! Although I don't search music online too much. Blink 182 is and has been my favorite band since 2000 so I keep myself on mailing lists snd follow  them and Mark on Twitter/Instagram. I also used to call the record store once a month just to check in. I know I'm a dork.

We’re all dorks here lol

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Iblinkfor182Always said:

All dorks welcome. Blink being the biggest dorks of all. Lol. So where are you you from Diddy Faplord?

i think out of the 3 original members

travis is coming out as the most manly and respectable of all of them(minus the shower with dauther thing, but this could of been a naive not-ill intended mistake so knowing him ill give him a pass)

he's done extremely well in most of his financial endeavours most of wich he led and started by himself

tom has gotten alot better and ever since he figured that his mind wasnt at blink at all, hes done realy well with angels and airfly and well with his ufo stuff(even if the ufo stuff is zulu stuff)

mark meanwhile is still very sassy and shy in public he looked like the brother of his own son when they were sitting togehter it was realy disturbing to watch to say the least for a 50yo male

i suggest to watch the interview that travis did with joe rogan its realy good

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, just_bringing_good_chats said:

i think out of the 3 original members

travis is coming out as the most manly and respectable of all of them(minus the shower with dauther thing, but this could of been a naive not-ill intended mistake so knowing him ill give him a pass)

he's done extremely well in most of his financial endeavours most of wich he led and started by himself

tom has gotten alot better and ever since he figured that his mind wasnt at blink at all, hes done realy well with angels and airfly and well with his ufo stuff(even if the ufo stuff is zulu stuff)

mark meanwhile is still very sassy and shy in public he looked like the brother of his own son when they were sitting togehter it was realy disturbing to watch to say the least for a 50yo male

i suggest to watch the interview that travis did with joe rogan its realy good

I agree with most of that just_bringing_good_chats. Btw I LOVE Joe Rogan the Joe Rogan experience/podcast. I've watched his interviews with Travis 3x and one with Tom twice. He needs to have Mark on there.🤩

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iblinkfor182Always said:

Lol. Thank you. That actually makes me feel a little better. I do think the comment sounds like my opinion on my own experience in her opinion (not her experience) is right no matter what. Anyhow no biggie. 😉

I actually said it because you referred to them as "fake fans" which is a real shitty statement. You can be a huge fan of someone's past work and manage to have not stayed up to date with them, and "fake fans" as a term in general is quite chilish. People's relationships with music are varied and personal and there's no definition of a "real" fan. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kay said:

I actually said it because you referred to them as "fake fans" which is a real shitty statement. You can be a huge fan of someone's past work and manage to have not stayed up to date with them, and "fake fans" as a term in general is quite chilish. People's relationships with music are varied and personal and there's no definition of a "real" fan. 

Okay then. Chilish? I thought this was Usa were living in. Land of the free. Free speech. Get over it.

Just now, Iblinkfor182Always said:

Okay then. Chilish? I thought this was Usa were living in. Land of the free. Free speech. Get over it.

It's a forum on the Internet, members are from across the world - I'm British, and free speech also means I can point out, freely, when you say dumb shit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Crab 1

11 hours ago, daveyjones said:

in the fall of 1996? yes. today? no.

Wished I was there in '96... Just watching some old live performances on YouTube. I really miss this immature blink 182 attitude, where dick jokes still mattered 😁 Also I have to admit and this was always my impression Mark is actually a pretty fine singer. Tom... well that's another story.

I get that a band has to grow and now close to 50 years old, I suppose you can't really make dick jokes anymore or can you!?

Also just looking at their recent live performances (e.g. darkside), I'm a bit lost for words. I mean Matt's voice, damn!

4 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

So you don’t enjoy bands that actually know how to play their songs live?

I do,most bands i've seen live crushed blink and gd musicianwise..

What i don't enjoy is beeing called a "little motherfucker " 20 times per 30 minutes while constantly having to respond to : " siing heeee-yooo". No thanks.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Mark is just posting Tom shit to jump on the new AVA song release to promote blink. How selfish. Tom's not in the band. Get over it, dude. Post Matt videos instead. Loser...

Ok all kidding aside, it really does make me happy to see Mark acknowledging the old days. Fuck I miss the Cheetah videos.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Crab 1

10 hours ago, Neal said:

I do,most bands i've seen live crushed blink and gd musicianwise..

What i don't enjoy is beeing called a "little motherfucker " 20 times per 30 minutes while constantly having to respond to : " siing heeee-yooo". No thanks.

Lol I’m sure their concert consisted of a lot more than that. I’m not even a big Green Day fan but you just come across as salty and biased. 

• Like 1
  • Crab 1