The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

20 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I've never expected or even wanted Blink to continue into their 50s and beyond, I just don't think they're one of those bands that continues to have new insights and creative sparks for that long. I think they've proven that already. But I WOULD be very very interested in seeing one final farewell album/tour with Tom.

Same. I never expected or even wanted Blink to continue into their 40s but here we are!

Travis says something like, "oh yeah $ick"

🤣

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I've never expected or even wanted Blink to continue into their 50s and beyond, I just don't think they're one of those bands that continues to have new insights and creative sparks for that long. I think they've proven that already. But I WOULD be very very interested in seeing one final farewell album/tour with Tom.

I don't truly expect that to ever happen to be honest, but if I'm going to make a fun prediction I'd guess something like this:

• There will be one more album with Skiba, it does fine but it's underwhelming critically and commercially.
  • They kinda mercifully shut things down after that and Mark says something like, "we don't know what the future holds, but we will remain brothers for ever. Blink 182 life. for life."
  • Then about a year later there are rumblings that Mark and Tom have been spotted together at a Utah mountain resort
  • Rumors trickle out about them writing songs together
  • Then finally an announcement that they are making one final Blink 182 album.
  • Mark says something like, "We're coming back one last time. Putting a stamp on our legacy. Blink 182 life. For life."
  • Tom says something like, "I started this band when I was 16 and owned it with these guys even while running my transmedia corporation/merch/space and time travel/animation studio, people don't understand that, and now we are finally going to try to progress the band beyond children's nursery rhymes about fucking barn animals"
  • Travis says something like, "oh yeah $ick"

•Matt skiba, John Feldman and Scott Raynor write and release an album together as revenge for being forgotten by Mark, Tom and Travis

•It’s a way better album than the final blink album

• Wow 1

30 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

•Matt skiba, John Feldman and Scott Raynor write and release an album together as revenge for being forgotten by Mark, Tom and Travis

Hide contents

•It’s a way better album than the final blink album

That sounds like a cool band. I'd listen to them. Espen if they were prod by Mark Trombino. 

On 5/7/2020 at 12:31 PM, Elisa said:

UK people, this morning I listened to I've Been Expecting You by Robbie Williams. It opens with Strong. Where do you go when you open with a tune that huge? Into No Regrets and then into Millennium. Every Robbie album could be a greatest hits. UK people are cool.

I saw him live a couple of years ago, with out a doubt the best entertainer alive. Absolutely amazing

• Like 2

1 hour ago, twentytwenty said:

I saw him live a couple of years ago, with out a doubt the best entertainer alive. Absolutely amazing

I went to see him at San Siro Stadium in Milan in 2006, a few days after Italy won the World Cup, and it was mental, one of the best shows ever. It was the same atmosphere as a football game, but even crazier because of the World Cup haha

• Like 1

This is my first time hearing that song and.... sorry to bring up painful topics of the past, but yes this definitely counts as "pop punk" in my mind. It's mediocre but it would've fit right in with the endless amount of mediocre pop punk bands in the early 2000s.

• Like 3