The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

29 minutes ago, Speedo said:

We used to do a ton of stupid shit.

Downed a bunch of ipecac and puked all over the theater during a showing of Signs. Stuck gum wrappers in the sockets at school and shut down the power. Shaved my friends head in an Old Navy. Had a pizza delivered during a church service. Went down a highway loop on razor scooters at 3 in the morning, which actually got us handcuffed and taken home.

This would be such a dangerously good idea nowadays especially with apps like Eatstreet where you can text directions on where to leave it.

10 minutes ago, Speedo said:

He's rambling a lot. Seems like he knows what he's talking about though but, again, I never was much of a gearhead so the tech shit doesn't really interest me.

Yeah because he spends his entire life dedicated to making mediocre average guitar videos on YouTube from his mom's basement with his uber neckbeard and 20K follower.  If he wasn't being all smug I wouldn't care. It's just YouTube is flooded with these kind of 'self taught' guides and this one just happened to post here

1 minute ago, Jan's Plan said:

This would be such a dangerously good idea nowadays especially with apps like Eatstreet where you can text directions on the other where to leave it.

We had a friend that worked at pizza hut. We pretended to order out loud on the phone in the lobby before service and then in the middle of it he walked in while dressed in uniform and holding our pizza, called out the delivery under our name. We were third pew from the front in the middle section. We stood up and directed him to us, he brought us our pizza, we exchanged money, got our change, gave a tip and sat down and ate our pizza during the rest of the service. The pastor asked if it was good, a few people laughed, a few people looked mad and after service was over we were asked to leave and not come back.

3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

We had a friend that worked at pizza hut. We pretended to order out loud on the phone in the lobby before service and then in the middle of it he walked in while dressed in uniform and holding our pizza, called out the delivery under our name. We were third pew from the front in the middle section. We stood up and directed him to us, he brought us our pizza, we exchanged money, got our change, gave a tip and sat down and ate our pizza during the rest of the service. The pastor asked if it was good, a few people laughed, a few people looked mad and after service was over we were asked to leave and not come back.

Hahaha wth

2 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

Yeah because he spends his entire life dedicated to making mediocre average guitar videos on YouTube from his mom's basement with his uber neckbeard and 20K follower.  If he wasn't being all smug I wouldn't care. It's just YouTube is flooded with these kind of 'self taught' guides and this one just happened to post here

They used to bother me but, I don't know ... there's 10 million assholes with 100 million guitars ... everyone plays guitar and a good chunk of them are high off their own methane. It is what it is, it took more effort to be annoyed by it than it did to not give a shit so I eventually settled into the latter.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

They aren’t average tho. To be fair, they’re the best blink covers online. He takes a lot of time to explain how to play them too. He does know what he’s talking about. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Speedo said:

You guys remember when TOYPAJ came out and there was rumors that there was a version that had all 6 bonus tracks?

The 2016 SRC 2x LP press is my go-to, as it has all the bonus songs on Side D which was revolutionary lol.

But yeah even without CDs/vinyl, the TOYPAJ I had in my iTunes years ago always had them all and has synced to my phone forever.

• Like 1

I like that littleredguitars guy too! Seems like a nice dude in his videos. I never interacted with him on here. Maybe you guys annoyed him lol, but the jokes about him always make me laugh.

He bought one of Tom's old guitars from the Dude Ranch and/or Cheshire days. Its one of the well known ones we've all seen. Cool stuff 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, _Bagel said:

@Speedo oh wow Ipecac, you couldn't pay me to drink that shit hahaha. Does it have 100% success rate of projectile every time? Poor Mel Gibson 

I don't remember it being too bad, like my stomach didn't hurt but the nausea builds for a while and that sucked. Once you puke enough to get it out of your system, you feel better. It always worked for us, I don't know of anyone who didn't yack but I'm sure there's someone out there it doesn't work on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

The 2016 SRC 2x LP press is my go-to, as it has all the bonus songs on Side D which was revolutionary lol.

But yeah even without CDs/vinyl, the TOYPAJ I had in my iTunes years ago always had them all and has synced to my phone forever.

I had them all on my laptop and ipod for a while before that took a shit. Now if I get the hankering to listen to them I have to go on youtube.

6 hours ago, Knapppers said:

Anyone seen this? Usually these are pretty lame but I actually really like this one. Sounds nothing like the original but it's still really good

it's quite an accomplishment to take a shitty song and make it even shittier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

New blink song “Quarantine” in the next 2 weeks, let’s go!!!! 

https://www.spin.com/2020/05/travis-barker-nirvana-post-malone-new-blink-182-song-interview/

Can't wait for them to sing about parents killing their vibe while being sent home from school and stuck inside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Crab 1

11 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

Can't wait for them to sing about parents killing their vibe while being sent home from school and stuck inside.

Spoiler

Dear mom I wanna be cool again

Hang out with my friends 

I wanna go out this summer

But this wintertime never ends 

You just don't understand me

We don't understand eachother

Can't go on dates 

I have to gang out with my brother 

I am seventeen

This is not the time to be seventeen

It's a quarantine