The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I know this has been said a million times - I was watching live videos from 2004, particularly enamoured with the A Letter To Elise cover, literally it's fucking magical. If they could have held it together, that album that they should've made in 2005 would have been...wow. They were at the top, and it all imploded

1 hour ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

I really enjoy the lo-fi style, but i wish they'd knocked the child-like singing off after the intro. Was really jarring with the guy that wasn't Mark. Also enjoyed Marks bit, but his voice didn't really suit it for me. 

Also this isn't related to your post, but shit ! A Norwich fan, I'm from Norfolk too. Big up Darren Huckerby 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

I really enjoy the lo-fi style, but i wish they'd knocked the child-like singing off after the intro. Was really jarring with the guy that wasn't Mark. Also enjoyed Marks bit, but his voice didn't really suit it for me. 

It just really clashed with the other vocalist (the child-like voice).

8 hours ago, Bucko said:

It genuinely makes me so sad. That it all ended while they were in their peak. The fact is they only have a limited number of years left to do it and Tom's so focused on his alien shit I just don't see it happening 😔

No it won't ever happen

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

Oh shit, no way?! Whereabouts are you bud? Love Hucks, bet he could still do a job for us!!

Ah fuck it, ma never said reveal your whereabouts on the internet but I'm from mighty Thetford, the armpit of Norfolk. What about you, Norwich born and bred? Small world my friend.

Haha, he was a player, the glory days of him and Dean Ashton

Trash song/remix whatever it is. I kinda liked the Chainsmokers one at first but that got boring fast plus the singers voice annoys me too much in that song. It's All Fading to Black with XXXTentacion though is pretty good. I was kinda unsure of that song at first but it kinda reminds me of a +44 acoustic demo or something. Plus it's a raw sounding song. it just grew on me. Could've easily fit on Nine as the last track or as a bonus song.

Hopefully if blink do release an EP of songs they wrote for Nine with other artists, the actual songs sound like blink songs and not songs by those artists. None of the ones so far hold a candle to All of This & Pretty Little Girl, although in the case of PLG, the featuring part is out of place. Still, the rest of the song is amazing. I really wish they released another version of that song. Imagine the rap part just having an instrumental bridge in the mould of Adam's Song or STFTK. Would've been so much better.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Scott. said:

still fuming heaven doesn’t sound like this. What a fucking balls up

We missed out on a lot of potential solid music when they decided to not just do their own thing and instead desperately try to fit in, listen to studios and have a cookie cutter formula

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jan's Plan said:

We missed out on a lot of potential solid music the when they decided to not just do their own thing and instead desperately try to fit in and have a cookie cutter formula

Listen to how cool that riff sounds there compared to the version we got. They’ve bubble-gummed the fuck out of it. That riff is all Matt Skiba imo and then mark got his fucking hands on it and we got the Britney Spears version we have on the album  

4 hours ago, yodda said:

Why does Mark keep doing these things to us?

Desperate to remain relevant. He’s an absolute fucking man child. The fact he plays kids games gives that away. So desperate to stay relevant he’s willing to shit all over Blink’s legacy. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Listen to how cool that riff sounds there compared to the version we got. They’ve bubble-gummed the fuck out of it. That riff is all Matt Skiba imo and then mark got his fucking hands on it and we got the Britney Spears version we have on the album  

It was 0% Matt skiba. It was travis jamming with some other bloke if I remember correctly. Then blink just used the idea.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I agree, leave Britney alone though.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

It was 0% Matt skiba. It was travis jamming with some other bloke if I remember correctly. Then blink just used the idea.

Fair enough. Sounds like a Skiba riff. 

• Like 1