The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

20 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Here is how you can win the Matt Skiba handwritten “Black Rain” lyrics, for those interested.

Link to the GoFundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/f/georgefloyd

This prob deserves its on thread mate! Get as much attention as possible.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jlx9 said:

Any recent news on that Quarantine song?

No, I am assuming they delayed the release to allow focus on the racial inequality/protest situation which is the right call IMO. I think we'll get it later this week or next.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t be surprised if we just don’t get it. Things change quickly, the National conversation is no longer about quarantine. They kind of missed the boat on releasing a topical song which everyone was doing in April. Rewrite the lyrics and put it on the next album

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Quarantine
Do you know what I mean?
Running low on ice cream
Stuck in this teenage dream

(whoa oh, whoa oh)

Wanna run, down to the skate park
No fun, summertime lost its spark
Covid, wanna buy a cool mask
We're all teens, do you even have to ask?

Met a girl, couldn't even kiss her
Took a Xanax, so I wouldn't miss her
We love, parties on the weekend
Sit around, staring at the wall again

Quarantine
Do you know what I mean?
I've looked at every meme

(whoa oh, whoa oh)

There, I just wrote it for them California style!

Ahaha - for a second I bought this, thought you somehow procured the leaked lyrics

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Quarantine
Do you know what I mean?
Running low on ice cream

(whoa oh, whoa oh)

Wanna run, down to the skate park
No fun, summertime lost its spark
Covid, wanna buy a cool mask
We're all teens, do you even have to ask?

Met a girl, couldn't even kiss her
Took a Xanax, so I wouldn't miss her
We love, parties on the weekend
Sit around, staring at the wall again

Quarantine
Do you know what I mean?
I've looked at every meme

(whoa oh, whoa oh)

There, I just wrote it for them California style!

The worst thing is them lyrics fit on California to a T haha. Nine still has a couple of dodgy lyrics but thank god they left that California phase.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

The worst thing is them lyrics fit on California to a T haha. Nine still has a couple of dodgy lyrics but thank god they left that California phase.

Blame It On My Youth is the most California song ever and it's not even on California. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kay said:

Blame It On My Youth is the most California song ever and it's not even on California. 

Haha, I think it does experiment a little bit more though! It does have California vibes but it pushes the band a bit with it's Nine elements.

• Like 1

Blink is featured on today's Rivals podcast, this series has been pretty good and I'm excited to see what they say about Tom and Mark!

(Background on the podcast: "Beatles vs. Stones. Biggie vs. Tupac. Kanye vs. Taylor. Who do you choose? And what does that say about you? Actually, what do these endlessly argued-about pop music rivalries say about us? Music opinions bring out passionate debate in people, and music journalists/critics Steven Hyden and Jordan Runtagh know this firsthand. They’re both obsessed with the biggest (as well as the most obscure) rivalries in music history. Each week, they’ll break down the details of a different colorful feud, and attempt to figure out why many of our favorite pop and rock stars can’t seem to get along.")

On blink italia Instagram he has an interview with john feldman, basically talking about new blink, the guy asks whats your plans this couple of week and john says ill be working with travis and mark on new blink music...

Completely leaves matts name out all interview... definitely seems like john feldman is recording all the guitar parts to mark on pro tools..

So sad to see matt get no input whatsoever....he definitely is a band member for hire doesnt seem part of the band at all..

Please go back to trio matt!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1