The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, NotNow said:

Remember when blink toured with lil Wayne and it was a dumpster fire. Feels like a decade ago

I remember a bunch of people on here screeching on here how the shows were barely selling before the tour started claiming blink were dead only for when the shows actually rolled around they were all packed out and blink played great. Shame lil Wayne did seem like a cunt at the majority of shows though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NotNow said:

Remember when blink toured with lil Wayne and it was a dumpster fire. Feels like a decade ago

“Dumpster Fire”

669-C1735-7077-4904-932-E-EA1-E21-C5968-

Genuinely feel sorry for those who missed out on seeing EOTS front to back with Travis up front. Such sick shows!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Ry-Bread said:

“Dumpster Fire”

Genuinely feel sorry for those who missed out on seeing EOTS front to back with Travis up front. Such sick shows!!!

NotNow is just double downing on his cringe posting after making a fool of himself in the album election thread. Trying for a few cheap positive reactions.

• Like 1

Speaking of concerts...someone re-uploaded the Firefly 2016 festival. It’s kinda funny how we thought Matt would open up more over the years but I honestly think the chemistry is way better here than recent shows. You can actually hear Matt’s guitar in the mix as well and it sounds way better (outside of the infamous Carousel solo...). Always loved the pre-California tour shows with Matt.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I remember a bunch of people on here screeching on here how the shows were barely selling before the tour started claiming blink were dead only for when the shows actually rolled around they were all packed out and blink played great. Shame lil Wayne did seem like a cunt at the majority of shows though.

To be fair. I was one of them about the ticket sales, cause even 2 weeks before some of the seating plans were showing thousands available. I had no knowledge of the size of the arena's / stadiums they were playing. Was pretty dumb of me to be honest.

I was so glad I saw the acoustic set in Kingston, it was special. I'm grateful Matt came in and Blink continued, but I do wish they would write some better songs and be a bit more creative with the guitar. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bucko said:

To be fair. I was one of them about the ticket sales, cause even 2 weeks before some of the seating plans were showing thousands available. I had no knowledge of the size of the arena's / stadiums they were playing. Was pretty dumb of me to be honest.

I was so glad I saw the acoustic set in Kingston, it was special. I'm grateful Matt came in and Blink continued, but I do wish they would write some better songs and be a bit more creative with the guitar. 

Yeah, ticket sales were much worse than other blink shows at first, and they played the same venue that they did for California where I'm at.  Pit tickets were still available more than a month after tickets went on sale.  It wasn't until they dropped the prices - it didn't take long for me to receive the "$19.99 all fees included lawn tickets" email - and the change to an Enema 20th Anniversary tour that sales picked up.  Let's not kid ourselves and not acknowledge that nostalgia was the main reason for the increase in ticket sales.

I wish my show was as good as it seemed to be for everyone else.  Sitting in the lawn, they did not sound good and seemed to be going through the motions. But that's my opinion, glad others liked it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jlx9 said:

Speaking of concerts...someone re-uploaded the Firefly 2016 festival. It’s kinda funny how we thought Matt would open up more over the years but I honestly think the chemistry is way better here than recent shows. You can actually hear Matt’s guitar in the mix as well and it sounds way better (outside of the infamous Carousel solo...). Always loved the pre-California tour shows with Matt.  

That's the best the guitar has ever sounded live with Skiba, good find. This is definitely way better

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jlx9 said:

i remember really enjoying this show and watching the livestream eagerly. think something changed with matt over the ensuing california tour... don't know what happened. maybe he began to feel more and more like a hired gun, maybe the tour (which was unreasonably long) wore him out, maybe he realized he wasn't the right fit. but it hasn't been this good since

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

“Dumpster Fire”

Yes it was a dumpster fire. There was clearly drama with lil Wayne the whole time. Your experience as an attendee doesn’t change the fact that behind the scenes there was shit going on and causing all kinds of publicity problems. I’m glad the blink fans had fun though since that’s most important.

Also Russel I’m just reflecting. Glad I got people to actually talk about something here since discussion is mostly dead in the blink section

• Like 2
  • Crab 2

10 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

The real question is, who is ready to hear about some mutha fuckin' lasagna?

ZAZjDiR.jpg

(Work in progress, not out yet. But may drop Part 1 early!)

Fuck yes - you’re doing the lords work Ry, keep it up 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1