The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

5 minutes ago, iguessthisisgrowingup said:

"classic blink" to feldman is california, so this is terrible news

they might have well just replace matt with feldman if they're going to keep treating him like a touring musician

Yea I was honestly confused. I thought this was a post from 2016 because this is exactly what he said before they released California lol

and you’re right, he doesn’t even mention skiba in regards to working on new blink material 

2 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

How many Italian fans could blink 182 possibly have lol what a joke

A lot. People are crazy for blink in Italy. When they came here for the reunion tour in 2010 they played in a sold out outdoor arena of 30k people. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Elisa said:

A lot. People are crazy for blink in Italy. When they came here for the reunion tour in 2010 they played in a sold out outdoor arena of 30k people. 

I didn't hear any Blink songs being sung from quarantined balconies!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

I mean, it's been beaten to death at this point but he's more of a member of the band than Matt Skiba. He's writing the music with Mark and passing lyrics back and forth, presumably recording guitar, what is Skiba other than the guy who writes a few lyrics and then fills in because Feldy is too busy to tour?

46exqo.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

But for real, just end the charade at this point. I don't dislike Skiba on a personal level at all, but it's been an awkward fit ever since he became an official member. The high point of his time in the band was the first time he filled in at Musink. But it ESPECIALLY felt hollow as soon as they went in a musical direction that he's never brought to the table in any of his other projects. They come across as coworkers more than friends or even bandmates who are remotely passionate about their musical partnership.

Feldy makes music nowadays that I don't like, and I reallyyy don't appreciate the direction that he has taken Blink's music as a writer/producer, but at least he's passionate about what he does and apparently his sensibilities fit with what Mark and Travis want Blink to be. Just hire Feldy, at the very least we'd have 3 guys who are clearly close friends, who clearly enjoy making music together, and who would help the live show regain a ton of energy too.

It wouldn't be in the same galaxy as it used to be when Blink was actually still Blink, or even up to the level of the music that came out of the Reunion era, but it would at least be the clear collective vision of the people in the band, and something that each of the members truly felt passionate about and enjoyed being a part of. That's a very low bar, but it's something I can't really say about anything that's been put out under the Blink name since Untitled.

Just go all in, fellas. Let Skiba go free to try and reclaim his reputation after this strange experiment, and hire the person you actually want to make music with. You have my permission. I just want you to be happy.

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Champ182 said:

But for real, just end the charade at this point. I don't dislike Skiba on a personal level at all, but it's been an awkward fit ever since he became an official member. The high point of his time in the band was the first time he filled in at Musink. But it ESPECIALLY felt hollow as soon as they went in a musical direction that he's never brought to the table in any of his other projects. They come across as coworkers more than friends or even bandmates who are remotely passionate about their musical partnership.

Feldy makes music nowadays that I don't like, and I reallyyy don't appreciate the direction that he has taken Blink's music as a writer/producer, but at least he's passionate about what he does and apparently his sensibilities fit with what Mark and Travis want Blink to be. Just hire Feldy, at the very least we'd have 3 guys who are clearly close friends, who clearly enjoy making music together, and who would help the live show regain a ton of energy too.

It wouldn't be in the same galaxy as it used to be when Blink was actually still Blink, or even up to the level of the music that came out of the Reunion era, but it would at least be the clear collective vision of the people in the band, and something that each of the members truly felt passionate about and enjoyed being a part of. That's a very low bar, but it's something I can't really say about anything that's been put out under the Blink name since Untitled.

Just go all in, fellas. Let Skiba go free to try and reclaim his reputation after this strange experiment, and hire the person you actually want to make music with. You have my permission. I just want you to be happy.

giphy.gif

I agree Feldy would have been a better fit than Skiba from the get go. He’d be another alpha male type like Tom to mesh and collaborate with Mark. I mean he’s already doing that, he would probably play the songs better live as well 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

I agree Feldy would have been a better fit than Skiba from the get go. He’d be another alpha male type like Tom to mesh and collaborate with Mark. I mean he’s already doing that, he would probably play the songs better live as well 

It would have been more interesting and even more controversial but no...I can't believe people actually feel this way.  He's far too old I don't even care if he's more energetic.  Skiba is a way better fit and I hatttteee Skiba in blink.

2 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

It would have been more interesting and even more controversial but no...I can't believe people actually feel this way.  He's far too old I don't even care if he's more energetic.  Skiba is a way better fit and I hatttteee Skiba in blink.

Too old? Who cares, is he any older than Mark? Not by much if he is, and he has more hair than Skiba anyways. Plus, Goldfinger >>>Ak3

On 6/25/2020 at 10:59 AM, Champ182 said:

Blink is featured on today's Rivals podcast, this series has been pretty good and I'm excited to see what they say about Tom and Mark!

(Background on the podcast: "Beatles vs. Stones. Biggie vs. Tupac. Kanye vs. Taylor. Who do you choose? And what does that say about you? Actually, what do these endlessly argued-about pop music rivalries say about us? Music opinions bring out passionate debate in people, and music journalists/critics Steven Hyden and Jordan Runtagh know this firsthand. They’re both obsessed with the biggest (as well as the most obscure) rivalries in music history. Each week, they’ll break down the details of a different colorful feud, and attempt to figure out why many of our favorite pop and rock stars can’t seem to get along.")

This is straight up one of the worst pod casts I’ve ever heard.  These guys are just making fun of blink the whole time, and have almost no correct information so far.

2 hours ago, Jan's Plan said:

He is dude, even when blink was in their heyday Goldfinger was kind of the 'older' band

Yea, I know he’s old there is no disputing that. But I feel Once they reach a certain age, it’s all the same. Not like they’re holding onto their youth like it was 1999 just because Skiba is in the band 

8 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Yea, I know he’s old there is no disputing that. But I feel Once they reach a certain age, it’s all the same. Not like they’re holding onto their youth like it was 1999 just because Skiba is in the band 

I mean they're more relatable to Skiba than Goldfinger/Feldmann, it would just be weird.

• Like 1

Matt Skiba was definitely the perfect fit. He came from another 3 man 2 vocalist band. Feldman obviously has a lot of control and his sound is cool, but for an actual member they needed Skiba. Can you imagine magazine photoshoots and concerts with crazy Feldman, the band would look ridiculous, he is such an old man

• Like 2
  • Crab 1

Hopefully Mark & Travis have a change of heart when they've finished recording the songs like they did before they worked with other writers for Nine. These early sessions with Feldman will probably have about 2-3 songs that'll make the cut. Skiba will come in from time to time to add some input then in about a year Mark & Travis will probably explain how the songs sound too much like California or didn't capture the sound as well as Enema or something.

Feldman is fine in doses. California would've been superb if he just worked with them for about 3-4 songs instead of the whole album. He backed off a bit for the recording of Nine and Nine is way better for it IMO.

• Like 3