The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

36 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

i don't think anyone is arguing that feldmann lacks energy. that's why most people joke about him being coked out of his mind. but i also don't think he'd be able to do that every night on a four month long tour at his age. goldfinger mostly just plays festivals and one off shows. 

Never heard anyone make that joke about him. Although now that you say it, I wouldn’t be surprised. Because he does have hella energy lol. Butttt, he also eats clean and exercises so that helps too

59 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Never heard anyone make that joke about him. Although now that you say it, I wouldn’t be surprised. Because he does have hella energy lol. Butttt, he also eats clean and exercises so that helps too

He's just a better entertainer than the blink dudes, simple as that.. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, ltjdude said:

earliest known blink video recording showed up on youtube. 

most interesting note about this video is scott is NOT playing with them, due to the whole leaving california thing i guess.

hooooooooly shit. big find! especially interesting considering scott isn't on drums. paging @daveyjones

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, boxelder said:

hooooooooly shit. big find! especially interesting considering scott isn't on drums. paging @daveyjones

yea this is pretty amazing. the earliest clip prior known to exist was from the summer of 1995. another mp4 for the home archives!

also some key history here. if the date is correct (october 7), mark starts "M+M's" by saying it will be on the new album "which we just finished recording" confirming that the sessions were done by then.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

also some key history here. if the date is correct (october 7), mark starts "M+M's" by saying it will be on the new album "which we just finished recording" confirming that the sessions were done by then.

Also; if you look closely during M+M’s, Tom is using the Sticker Strat with NO stickers on it! And, the middle pickup is still stock! Which raises this question: Was Cheshire Cat recorded with the JB Jr. and not the DiMarzio X2N????

haven’t got a good chance to watch the whole vid yet but the quality — video and audio — is just outstanding for that era. this a real gem

also @Ry-Bread i noticed on twitter you confirmed it’s mike krull — are there photos of mike that confirm this for us? IIRC (i may be wrong) but mark once said they had a rotating cast of drummers, mike among them, for that autumn 

Seeing them play Fentoozler live has to be the highlight of that insane rare footage wow 😮 

Don't think I've seen other footage of them playing that song! Also totally dug that nice little slow intro before Peggy Sue, that was so freaking cool!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Thibaut182 said:

Seeing them play Fentoozler live has to be the highlight of that insane rare footage wow 😮 

Don't think I've seen other footage of them playing that song!

and they closed with "zulu" ! i had no idea they played it in 1994. amazing. what a precious artifact this is, eh @boxelder? and right on the heels of that NYE show in wyoming. i hope this encourages other to get their closeted camcorder tapes digitized and out on the nets.

10 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Yo, on blink's Facebook I saw a countdown with a picture of the Dogs Eating Dogs logo. Any idea what's going on with that?

A 10” Vinyl /500 and perhaps some related merch are dropping in 42 minutes. First physical release.