The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

7 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

all i was saying is that 500k copies of a CD is a laughably large amount to be considered "limited" in comparison to a 2500 vinyl pressing.

for the year 2000, i can see how that could sell out quickly when it was one of the only ways to hear it and the band was bigger than ever. i struggled to find a copy for myself for many years and i was searching for one in stores as far back as 2002. you shouldn't have been surprised about not finding one in 2008, though. CDs were dead by then and i'm sure most of blink's back catalog was no longer in print, just whatever was left in stock was still available to buy. 

MTTS show was the first parental advisory CD my mom ever bought me and allowed me to have. This was after taking my Kid Rock and Eminem CDs away 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

eventually I just bit the bullet and got TMT&TS back in 06 from amazon in europe. but yeah, it was hard to find back in the day. I found one in a walmart around the time it was released and I'm pretty sure it was edited and held off buying it. 

so does the edited version exist? or am did I assume wrong?

I've been working on music quite a bit lately and I came up with a pretty great bridge/outro to a song and was super stoked on it 'cause it fit perfectly ... then I realized it was the same as the octave riff of 21 Days. The only difference is I was playing it as a lead. I'm still going to use it but at least I'm acknowledging where I unintentionally ripped it off from, so that's nice of me.

7 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I've been working on music quite a bit lately and I came up with a pretty great bridge/outro to a song and was super stoked on it 'cause it fit perfectly ... then I realized it was the same as the octave riff to the outro of 21 Days. The only difference is I was playing it as a lead. I'm still going to use it but at least I'm acknowledging where I unintentionally ripped it off from, so that's nice of me.

Yeah, that can happen with me a lot. I come up with a riff that's completely different to any riff I've come up with before, only to find it's similar to the one from some obscure Offspring song. I can work on another track but nope, it sounds like some AFI deep cut. Then i'll have another riff idea but nope it's similar to the Girl Next Door from Screeching Weasel or something.

Just now, Nosferatu said:

Yeah, that can happen with me a lot. I come up with a riff that's completely different only to find it's similar to the one from some obscure Offspring song. I can work on another track but nope, it sounds like some AFI deep cut. Then i'll have another riff idea but nope it's similar to the Girl Next Door from Screeching Weasel or something.

I was super stoked about this riff I came up with once when I was younger, wrote a whole song around it and recorded it only to later realize it was an exact copy of the riff from Suzanne Is Getting Married by Screeching Weasel. Ended up scrapping the aong all together. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I was super stoked about this riff I came up with once when I was younger, wrote a whole song around it and recorded it only to later realize it was an exact copy of the riff from Suzanne Is Getting Married by Screeching Weasel. Ended up scrapping the aong all together. 

Someone once told me one of my songs sounded like the Script. I was like wtf? The vibe I was going for was 30 Seconds to Mars meets blink meets the Cure, but apparently that sounds like the Script or something haha.

2 hours ago, Speedo said:

21 Days is a great song by the way, except for Tom's hokey-ass "it's not gonna work". That's always made me laugh. @daveyjones did they ever play 21 Days live? If so, was the "it's not gonna work part" as dopey sounding live as it is on the record?

i never heard it live, no. buddha was before my time. but i actually love the "it's not gonna work."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daveyjones said:

i never heard it live, no. buddha was before my time. but i actually love the "it's not gonna work."

It's one of those things that always sticks out and rubs me the wrong way. Green Day has one as well with their song Church On Sunday ... there's a weird stutter on the last rendition of the chorus that throws the song off ... it's weird and doesn’t work and they should have redone it or taken it out completely. Tom should have redone that vocal line!

1 minute ago, daveyjones said:

by all accounts they were on a huge time crunch with recording buddha. but @Ry-Bread will have jeff on the podcast before you know it to let us know himself!

'Atta boy, @Ry-Bread! Please let me join you as this is a very serious topic for me and I want answers!

11 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

yes. let's add the "why the 'it's not gonna work' on 21 days jeff, because board member @Speedo thinks it was really lame of you to leave that take on the album" to the questions list.

I appreciate the support!

Although, I'd maybe phrase it like this:

"On 21 Days Tom gives the spoken vocal line 'it's not gonna work', was this the final take or was it a take that was left in on accident and a better take exists out there in the ether?"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

I remember FYE never had them because I checked constantly. 

FYE was the only place i could ever find anything after the death of sam goody/media play. I actually found my MTTS used there and then in the late 2000s they had new ones. the only difference i noticed was that the original one has a red bar code on the back and the other had a white one. i don't know if the white bar code version was a newer release or just imported.

I don't remember where but I thought I read here that people were saying John Feldmann isn't involved with blink-182 anymore. Maybe I dreamed that. I don't know.

But what I DO know is that I just listened to a Star Wars podcast that he was a guest on and he said blink-182 and The Fever are his two main projects right now. The podcast was from last week, so it's current. he didn't go into more detail than that, but blink-182 is one of his main focuses currently.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I don't remember where but I thought I read here that people were saying John Feldmann isn't involved with blink-182 anymore. Maybe I dreamed that. I don't know.

But what I DO know is that I just listened to a Star Wars podcast that he was a guest on and he said blink-182 and The Fever are his two main projects right now. The podcast was from last week, so it's current. he didn't go into more detail than that, but blink-182 is one of his main focuses currently.

I think people were speculating that they didn't work much with him for Nine so that meant he was out.

18 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Is he a big Star Wars fan? I've got more respect for him now.

He's gotta push Mark for a follow-up to A New Hope! Cmon Feldy