The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

On 7/2/2020 at 4:41 PM, Speedo said:

It's one of those things that always sticks out and rubs me the wrong way. Green Day has one as well with their song Church On Sunday ... there's a weird stutter on the last rendition of the chorus that throws the song off ... it's weird and doesn’t work and they should have redone it or taken it out completely. Tom should have redone that vocal line!

I thought I was the only one. I love Church on Sunday but that one part just throws everything off.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

Because they are literally littered with other songwriters credited on all their songs now.  Coincidentally singing about topics none of them can relate to.

For the record, I don't think Matt meant anything other than he hasn't heard the final mix and this whole discussion on it is silly.

Having producers credited as songwriters doesn’t automatically negate the involvement of the band members. Swipe to and watch the third video I just linked and he basically says it’s just a way for producers to make money these days by having writing credits. They’re helping them craft the songs and writing bits sure but I don’t believe for a second any of the band members just sit it out and let the producers do all the work.

I disagree about them not being able to relate to what they’re writing/singing about on Nine. Cali was just throwback teen shit but on Nine I feel most of the songs were stuff they definitely could relate with.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kay said:

I think no? Releases are too spaced out to be competing, the videos are nothing alike, and blink are big enough not to need shit like that while Tom is too self involved to notice what blinks doing. 

I wasn't saying the videos seemed similar, just that they're all addressing the same issue (in obviously very different ways), so it seems interesting how the latest content from both of them is addressing the same thing, and blink are about to address it again with their next release. 

14 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

lol we need proof now every time a new song comes out? Ridiculous. There is no proof Mark or Travis even worked on the song. There is no clips of recording, photos of writing etc. Is there any proof (not counting Untitled) that Mark and Tom used to work together on blink songs? There is only a few examples i can think of where there is definitive proof they did work together but we always just knew they did so why do we now need proof that Mark and Matt do?

Why is it unbelievable that matt had nothing to do with this song?

All those blink collab songs he had no input, that xmas song he just sings a melody, even alot of the songs on nine he didnt even write the guitar parts...

But yeh very testy lol 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

All those blink collab songs he had no input, that xmas song he just sings a melody, even alot of the songs on nine he didnt even write the guitar parts...

Just because all he sang was the melody doesn’t mean he didn’t work on the song. Also you got a source for him not writing the guitar parts on nine?

On 7/4/2020 at 9:35 PM, Russel Coight said:

Having producers credited as songwriters doesn’t automatically negate the involvement of the band members. Swipe to and watch the third video I just linked and he basically says it’s just a way for producers to make money these days by having writing credits. They’re helping them craft the songs and writing bits sure but I don’t believe for a second any of the band members just sit it out and let the producers do all the work.

I disagree about them not being able to relate to what they’re writing/singing about on Nine. Cali was just throwback teen shit but on Nine I feel most of the songs were stuff they definitely could relate with.

Whoa, what did Mark say about the release of his new signature bass? Is he releasing one with the jaguar body ?

1 minute ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Whoa, what did Mark say about the release of his new signature bass? Is he releasing one with the jaguar body ?

He first mentioned it a few months ago on Twitch, confirming a new signature bass was in the works. IIRC he even mentioned it was pink and may have the octopus on it, I would assume it's the jaguar. Sucks it is being delayed, I was planning on picking it up as I have been wanting a bass forever and am at the point where I needed one for my own crappy demos - ended up buying a cheap Squier yesterday to get started with.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

He first mentioned it a few months ago on Twitch, confirming a new signature bass was in the works. IIRC he even mentioned it was pink and may have the octopus on it, I would assume it's the jaguar. Sucks it is being delayed, I was planning on picking it up as I have been wanting a bass forever and am at the point where I needed one for my own crappy demos - ended up buying a cheap Squier yesterday to get started with.

Thanks man. Maybe that bass the guy in homegrown was playing actually is the production model that Mark is talking about 

57 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

ended up buying a cheap Squier yesterday to get started with.

for a cheap axe i can't recommend the music man SUB enough, which is the "squier version" of a MM stingray. ~$300 but plays like an $800 bass:

https://reverb.com/item/32963832-music-man-sub-series-vintage-cream-bass-guitar

• Like 1

Ya know, I'm not big into the DJ/Techno scene or whatever, but I just relistened to that Why Are We So Broken song that they did for Steve Aoki for the first time in a while, and I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it.  Pretty solid song, I mean obviously not what I'd like blink to constantly try to sound like, but for a one-off, it's a solid departure.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, M!ke said:

Ya know, I'm not big into the DJ/Techno scene or whatever, but I just relistened to that Why Are We So Broken song that they did for Steve Aoki for the first time in a while, and I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it.  Pretty solid song, I mean obviously not what I'd like blink to constantly try to sound like, but for a one-off, it's a solid departure.

Out of all the blink features in recent years, that's the one that sounds the most like blink. The verses of that song would've easily belonged on Nine or something. I can't get into the chorus of that song but it is Steve Aoki's song after all.

2 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Not Another Christmas Song just came on my shuffle. Great song. Can’t wait for Christmas season to give this some more love.

Christmas isn't a time of year, you can listen to Christmas Songs anytime! Christmas is in your heart!

2 hours ago, Jan's Plan said:

I normally don't like these, but this is really good once it gets passed the Weatherman exact intro

Mark 😢.  Is Adam's Song not the most underrated blink hit on here currently?

This is terrible. It's worse than the original Adam's Song and that's saying something. 

• Like 4
  • Crab 1