The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Yeah that guy's covers never sound like whatever blink side project he's trying to sound like. Would've given him a pass for the intro and the verses sounding like +44 but it's a Weatherman rip off. The chorus doesn't even sound like +44 and the way the chorus progresses to the intro before the second verse just doesn't work at all IMO.

I do like his AVA version of blink's Up All Night though. His ideas for the chorus in that song are actually great.

9 hours ago, Jan's Plan said:

I normally don't like these, but this is really good once it gets passed the Weatherman exact intro

Mark 😢.  Is Adam's Song not the most underrated blink hit on here currently?

I love Adams song, this is an interesting idea not executed super well. It's not +44 does Adams song, it's adams song mixed with weatherman which would've been a better idea if he'd done it to the chorus too. 

20 minutes ago, Kay said:

I love Adams song, this is an interesting idea not executed super well. It's not +44 does Adams song, it's adams song mixed with weatherman which would've been a better idea if he'd done it to the chorus too. 

I don't understand the 'meh' vibe it gets around here. It's always been a staple for me as one of their more serious songs of their heydey. Used to watch that video all the time. 

• Like 1

With you there @Jan's Plan , video still fucking gets me. So well put together.

So yeah - Mark confirmed on his Twitch stream that Matt has had no involvement  in the writing of Quarantine or the four new blink songs that have been conjured up over this period. Said the one song Matt 'took the wheels on' was Black Rain. I think the level of collaboration and Matt's input is as limited as we think it is

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

I don't understand the 'meh' vibe it gets around here. It's always been a staple for me as one of their more serious songs of their heydey. Used to watch that video all the time. 

Yeah it's a beautiful track, got me through an awful lot. 

42 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

With you there @Jan's Plan , video still fucking gets me. So well put together.

So yeah - Mark confirmed on his Twitch stream that Matt has had no involvement  in the writing of Quarantine or the four new blink songs that have been conjured up over this period. Said the one song Matt 'took the wheels on' was Black Rain. I think the level of collaboration and Matt's input is as limited as we think it is

oreally.jpg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

With you there @Jan's PlanSo yeah - Mark confirmed on his Twitch stream that Matt has had no involvement  in the writing of Quarantine or the four new blink songs that have been conjured up over this period. Said the one song Matt 'took the wheels on' was Black Rain. I think the level of collaboration and Matt's input is as limited as we think it is

it's good to know to some degree that our suspicions have been proven correct... for all of the fan fiction this board can conjure up, it's been proven yet again that our cultish fandom has afforded us some understanding of the inner-workings of the band. it was obvious that things weren't right during the reunion era, but it was THIS board that connected that the DED/modlife thing out of nowhere. this is a good example -- we know matt's involvement is limited, and the dynamic has never been right. that was never hard to sniff out

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

So yeah - Mark confirmed on his Twitch stream that Matt has had no involvement  in the writing of Quarantine or the four new blink songs that have been conjured up over this period.

There is a *very* important part left out of this:

Has Matt been involved with the new blink songs?

Mark: ”No. Not so far. Matt doesn’t have a studio at his house. Travis and I do, and we’ve been social distancing. He went to be with his family for a bit. There’s no reason why, he just hasn’t been thus far.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Mark: ”No. Not so far. Matt doesn’t have a studio at his house. Travis and I do, and we’ve been social distancing. He went to be with his family for a bit. There’s no reason why, he just hasn’t been thus far.

Doesn't explain why he hasn't even heard them. Doesn't explain why they didn't just wait until Skiba could be with them to start working on the record. if they're just rough ideas fair enough but they were talking about releasing one without him being involved whatsoever. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Kay said:

Doesn't explain why he hasn't even heard them. Doesn't explain why they didn't just wait until Skiba could be with them to start working on the record. if they're just rough ideas fair enough but they were talking about releasing one without him being involved whatsoever. 

Yeah i was watching his stream when he answered. I get the social distancing thing but you can't tell me Skiba doesn't have a computer at his house where he too could work remotely or listen to songs. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

Yeah i was watching his stream when he answered. I get the social distancing thing but you can't tell me Skiba doesn't have a computer at his house where he too could work remotely or listen to songs. 

You're talking about just having an audio device, a computer, and whatever software they're using. I highly doubt a musician of 20+ years has no means of working on ideas at home. Hell most musicians here could pull it off for purely demos and ideas. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Kay said:

You're talking about just having an audio device, a computer, and whatever software they're using. I highly doubt a musician of 20+ years has no means of working on ideas at home. Hell most musicians here could pull it off for purely demos and ideas. 

Exactly. I find it very hard to believe Matt doesn't have a way to work with the guys at all.... 

• Like 2

Feldmann was talking about tracking with mark while he was in Idaho recently. I doubt they’re just rough ideas with how the band speeds through songs these days.

Also if Black Rain was the only song he drove, that’s more concerning. There was no quarantine excuse for that.

3 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Ehhh. Yeah I mean I would just reiterate what people have already  said here. It seems like a shit excuse tbh. You would have audio recording equipment at your home, surely - being a successful musician for over 20 years. Or if they were that much of a cohesive unit, wait until Matt can get involved/build a small studio to begin sending parts etc.  In fact, you can social distance in a studio, Travis does with Feldmann. How do you not involve one of your members at all as part of the writng process of a three man band. Sorry, but if this happened during the line-up with Tom,  we would be raising our eyebrows (rightly) at the seeming disunity. At least they sent those parts to each other, even if Tom didn't listen. Matt's too good to be left out

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Also if Black Rain was the only song he drove, that’s more concerning. There was no quarantine excuse for that.

Again, key context missing. The question was:

“Is there a blink song that Matt really took the wheel for?” 

Mark quickly answered “Black Rain”, which is an obvious example of this.

The scenario was not “WAHT R ALL TEH SONGZ TAHT SKIBA IS TEH #LEADER ON?!” for which Mark pondered for several minutes before slowly whispering “Black Rain” as the lone example he could think of.

• Like 2