The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

3 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

The only reason of that is that he tried to go with a different band name and it failed (by his standards) to be fair,

I mean there’s nothing wrong with that but just saying..

I wouldn't say the only reason. The second time round he didn't want to have to give up doing something he loved (writing, recording and playing live for blink-182) just because Tom couldn't be fucked. +44 not being a huge success like blink is definitely a part of it but i'd say Mark just also didn't want to be forced to stop the band he'd lived his whole life for once again.

Plenty of businesses in the world start with a a group of people, one leaves later on and the others stay on and have to reshuffle how they've worked in order to keep doing what they want to do. Is it always successful? Nope. But it happens all the time. Ultimately blink is a business, one that Mark loves and wants to keep doing so badly that he changed up the way he always saw necessary to run the band and quite frankly there is nothing wrong with that either.

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

to the bold that literally happened on neighbourhoods. This isn't new. Tom didn't touch Hearts All Gone. It's not something that has just happened for the first time now with Matt. So again if you want to imply Skiba isn't an equal member of the band because of that reason then you gotta say the same about Tom. Fair is fair.

Mark obviously just wants to write and release music as blink-182 and has changed his opinions on what recording/writing needs to be to be blink-182. I mean fuck wasn't that interview like 15 years ago? A fuck ton can change in that time. It has for me and i'm sure it has for you too. Why can't it for Mark too?

I think finally not taking Tom's shit anymore and accepting his resignation/kicking him out and replacing him with Skiba was ballsy as fuck and not something a spineless worm would do.

1. Lighten up dude

2. If tom/rick wouldn't have sendt the tom.is.out mail tom would still be in blink. Mark wouldn't have had the balls to do it himself.  He has not talked to tom for months in person before he quit, yet he acted all big guy once the seal was broken like it was his idea. Typical worm behaviour. Confronting tom face to face Bout the issue would have been brave. I bet at that get together they had after DED mark was silent as a mouse...

10 minutes ago, Neal said:

1. Lighten up dude

2. If tom/rick wouldn't have sendt the tom.is.out mail tom would still be in blink. Mark wouldn't have had the balls to do it himself.  He has not talked to tom for months in person before he quit, yet he acted all big guy once the seal was broken like it was his idea. Typical worm behaviour. Confronting tom face to face Bout the issue would have been brave. I bet at that get together they had after DED mark was silent as a mouse...

Telling me to lighten up just because you can’t refute anything I said is super weak dude. There was nothing aggravating, insulting or non-light about my post. I just responded to what you said.

You’re behaving like Oliver would when discussing things here. Congratulations.

2 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Telling me to lighten up just because you can’t refute anything I said is super weak dude. There was nothing aggravating, insulting or non-light about my post. I just responded to what you said.

You’re behaving like Oliver would when discussing things here. Congratulations.

Just calling a spade a spade dude

In all seriousness, I don't know where all the heat comes from. i just wanted to say that it felt like a lighthearted discuossion to me, and you suddenly got really defensive and kinda angry. i might have misread that, sorry. Most of my points in this discussion where exagerated on purpose, making fun of the arguement itself, sorry if that was not clear

18 minutes ago, Neal said:

In all seriousness, I don't know where all the heat comes from. i just wanted to say that it felt like a lighthearted discuossion to me, and you suddenly got really defensive and kinda angry. i might have misread that, sorry. Most of my points in this discussion where exagerated on purpose, making fun of the arguement itself, sorry if that was not clear

Nah dude there was never any anger you’ve totally misread it. I used the word Fuck once cause even I was shocked the interview was 15 years old. And I wasn’t defensive just offering a different opinion/counter to your opinions. Like people do in a good discussion. I was actually quite enjoying the discussion too.

40 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Love how we just skip over the GLOBAL PANDEMIC part. If all were normal, they’d all be at Feldy’s studio having a blast. Nothing to see here, move along. 

Yeah, no one is glossing over that. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kay said:

I don’t know. There’s plenty of people using the fact that Matt hasn’t been involved in the lockdown sessions as “proof” he isn’t involved in writing much of anything. But when you look back at the previous album sessions when they could enter into a studio together there’s plenty of evidence of them all working together on the records but people are seemingly ignoring all that. Things would be very different if they weren’t all confined to their houses.

48 minutes ago, Kay said:

Literally everyone is, to the point that visiting his family is now substance abuse related. Mark worked on some ideas with Feldy virtually, and sent them over to Travis. Matt doesn't have a studio and hasn't gotten to them "yet". That's the entire story. Doubt these even end up on DLX or LP10, likely just ideas.

If he didn't work on "Quarantine" (random free bonus track during a global pandemic), whatever - this isn't new to blink or his other band.

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

Love how we just skip over the GLOBAL PANDEMIC part. If all were normal, they’d all be at Feldy’s studio having a blast. Nothing to see here, move along. 

Well if we're all normal they'd actually be on tour right now. 

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

But when you look back at the previous album sessions when they could enter into a studio together there’s plenty of evidence of them all working together on the records but people are seemingly ignoring all that. Things would be very different if they weren’t all confined to their houses.

If I remember right there were tons of posts wondering where Matt was when they were posting studio pics with random songwriting teams and no Matt during the Nine era. It's definitely a common theme in the past 5 years, not just because they're confined to their houses.

I don't know if that makes any difference though, I think he's just as much of a part of the band now as he's always been.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Neal said:

1. Lighten up dude

Tom had no balls when he quit twice. He changed his phone number and paid someone to tell Mark and Travis to not contact him. The band obviously gave up on confronting him face to face since it doesn't work. Tom asks for an impossible situation, he claims he wants to make records and tour but only work like 4 hours a week at his convenience. He is such a con man, his lies constantly contradict each other. 

15 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Tom had no balls when he quit twice. He changed his phone number and paid someone to tell Mark and Travis to not contact him. The band obviously gave up on confronting him face to face since it doesn't work. Tom asks for an impossible situation, he claims he wants to make records and tour but only work like 4 hours a week at his convenience. He is such a con man, his lies constantly contradict each other. 

he writes good songs though

Fucking hell. Just found out Matt cba with Blink anymore and has told Mark to write all the songs with Travis and Feldy. Even got Travis to sing on one of the songs.  He's not even been arsed to listen to the mix I sent him. 

• Crab 1

11 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I wouldn't say the only reason. The second time round he didn't want to have to give up doing something he loved (writing, recording and playing live for blink-182) just because Tom couldn't be fucked. +44 not being a huge success like blink is definitely a part of it but i'd say Mark just also didn't want to be forced to stop the band he'd lived his whole life for once again.

Dude that's exactly the reason. I fail to see it any other way.

If he loved writing, recording and playing live for blink-182, he loved doing that stuff with Tom as he was the main songwriter and lead vocalist (well) in the band. If Tom is gone, it's not the same anymore and you can't say that he's still doing it because his love for working with Tom when he's not in the band anymore. 

The only reason is that doing it all under the blink moniker doubles his income as to them doing it under the +44 name or any other. It's all about the dollars.

But as I said, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, why wouldn't he make as much money as he can?

7 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Literally everyone is, to the point that visiting his family is now substance abuse related. Mark worked on some ideas with Feldy virtually, and sent them over to Travis. Matt doesn't have a studio and hasn't gotten to them "yet". That's the entire story. Doubt these even end up on DLX or LP10, likely just ideas.

If he didn't work on "Quarantine" (random free bonus track during a global pandemic), whatever - this isn't new to blink or his other band.

Wait I’ve missed something here   - whats this about Mark and substance abuse speculation 😅??  This an insider scoop from blinkitalia

17 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Wait I’ve missed something here   - whats this about Mark and substance abuse speculation 😅??  This an insider scoop from blinkitalia

someone said Skiba "looked bad" and Mark saying Skiba was with his family meant HE MUST BE IN REHAB. 

also, Fuck blinkitalia

• Like 1

2 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

Dude that's exactly the reason. I fail to see it any other way.

If he loved writing, recording and playing live for blink-182, he loved doing that stuff with Tom as he was the main songwriter and lead vocalist (well) in the band. If Tom is gone, it's not the same anymore and you can't say that he's still doing it because his love for working with Tom when he's not in the band anymore. 

The only reason is that doing it all under the blink moniker doubles his income as to them doing it under the +44 name or any other. It's all about the dollars.

But as I said, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, why wouldn't he make as much money as he can?

I disagree. Tom was only the lead songwriter on untitled really. Everything up to that was pretty 50/50. Neighbourhoods is prob more Tom too but not hugely. You’re not giving mark enough credit as a song writer in blink-182. Mark is just as much the lead song writer as Tom was.

Mark wants to play shows as blink-182. He wants to play those songs he recorded and wrote for blink-182 live. It’s definitely not all about the money. The money is a huge factor absolutely but it’s not the only one.

• Like 2