The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

10 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

White Crosses is my favorite album from them. Love it through and through. 
I wasn't too happy with Transgender Dysphoria Blues but I have some songs from it on my playlist, the worst thing with that album is the production though, some things are barely listenable. I mean, imagine Black Me Out with New Wave kind of production!

Then I thought they found themselves again with Shape Shift With Me, great album, and better production. Atom kills it on that record as well

Black Me Out is perfect, including its production. Its rough and real and in your face, I adore everything about it. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Kay said:

Black Me Out is perfect, including its production. Its rough and real and in your face, I adore everything about it. 

It's rough and real yeah, but I mean, It can sound rough and real without sounding like it's recorded through Olivers potato as well. 😁🤓

3 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

It's rough and real yeah, but I mean, It can sound rough and real without sounding like it's recorded through Olivers potato as well. 😁🤓

Agree to disagree, I feel the production was appropriate for the album as a whole. Its a statement piece of authenticity and rebirth, kind of makes sense for it to be rough around the ages. I like how it adds to certain songs like Drinking With The Jocks and Osama Bin Laden. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I really like Apocalypse Now (& Later), Reality Bites and, depending on my mood China Beach. Outside of that nothing else does anything for me, it just get lost in rambling vocals and nothing sticks out. I'm more of a melody guy and Laura's new writing style kills that sometimes. 

Yes! There was no melody. That’s what I didn’t like about it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kay said:

Agree to disagree, I feel the production was appropriate for the album as a whole. Its a statement piece of authenticity and rebirth, kind of makes sense for it to be rough around the ages. I like how it adds to certain songs like Drinking With The Jocks and Osama Bin Laden. 

Of course, but I said that I thought that it worked on some songs better than others that got a little too rough around the edges. I didn't trash the whole album. It's a great album nonetheless. Although I think Shape Shift is a stronger album as a whole - to me in my car anyways. When 333 comes on there's a party going on in the drivers seat let me tell you!

10 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

What’s an Inge?

Played bass for Against Me! after Andrew left ... 2013-2018.

Andrew is back now and Inge got the boot but it was sort of an odd situation and no one has really talked about it.

29 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Played bass for Against Me! after Andrew left ... 2013-2018.

Andrew is back now and Inge got the boot but it was sort of an odd situation and no one has really talked about it.

Ah right. I don’t follow the inner workings of the band that closely. Didn’t everyone leave around the time of TDB? I feel like I remember Fat Mike stepping in to do bass on that record.

3 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Ah right. I don’t follow the inner workings of the band that closely. Didn’t everyone leave around the time of TDB? I feel like I remember Fat Mike stepping in to do bass on that record.

Tbh from reading Lauras book it sounds like a revolving door of members, so glad they got Atom now, he's fucking killer. His style suits AM way more than AVA. 

39 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Andrew left during the production of TDB, I believe ... Fat Mike filled in on bass for the album on Unconditional Love and FuckMyLife666. Although, I had originally heard he did Paralytic States and the eponymous track ... Laura did bass for the rest of the tracks. Jay Wienberg was playing drums for them at the time and he left before drums were recorded which is why Atom plays on the entire album. Inge came in for the albums tour.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kay said:

Tbh from reading Lauras book it sounds like a revolving door of members, so glad they got Atom now, he's fucking killer. His style suits AM way more than AVA. 

Yeah Atom suits the band very well. I need to finish that book. I got like 2/3 through then stopped for some reason.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kay said:

If you give it another go, go straight for Screamy Dreamy. It's my fave and I'm curious haha. 

Okay. I don’t remember that song from my first play through. Fuck that was actually really good. Thank you haha.

I’ll have to give the whole album another chance now.

• Love 1

54 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Okay. I don’t remember that song from my first play through. Fuck that was actually really good. Thank you haha.

I’ll have to give the whole album another chance now.

My personal favourites are that one and manic depression but there's a lot of great moments on that album. There is deffo some filler stuff though, and some of the songs only appealed to me after hearing them live.