The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

43 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I've been listening to a lot of Against Me today and it's making me nostalgic, I just got to Bamboo Bones with a tear in my eye. We should go back to talk about blink now though. 

I literally had the whole Black Me Out discussion here and immediately blasted Against Me! for like an hour after haha

• Like 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Anyone here like the songs Spanish Moss and High Pressure Low? I feel those were overlooked by me initially since I used to only play TDB and Axl, but damn they're catchy.

Or the live album 23 Sex Acts Live? Now that's a great set-list.

Spanish Moss is one of my hype songs lol

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, Kay said:

Spanish Moss is one of my hype songs lol

I wish it was on the live record! I can't wait to see a regular set list for AM! I've only seen them play 4 of their albums all the way through but White Crosses wasn't one of them so I haven't heard any of those songs live yet!!!

Still dope hearing Cowboy/New Wave and Axl/TDB all the way through. I didn't think I'd ever hear Baby I'm an Anarchist live.

I saw James Bowman at a bar before a Teenage Bottlerocket show. I was too shy to go over and tell him both shows were rad.

13 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Okay. I don’t remember that song from my first play through. Fuck that was actually really good. Thank you haha.

I’ll have to give the whole album another chance now.

Also if you ever visit Chicago, the song I Hate Chicago is spot on. I'm a transplant too and can relate to Laura's pain here. I mean I love it here, but sometimes people do need to learn how to drive.

• Love 1

26 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Also if you ever visit Chicago, the song I Hate Chicago is spot on. I'm a transplant too and can relate to Laura's pain here. I mean I love it here, but sometimes people do need to learn how to drive.

I've never been, know nothing about Chicago, but that songs hilarious lol 

6 hours ago, Elisa said:

I've been listening to a lot of Against Me today and it's making me nostalgic

just checked my archive; i have searching for a former clarity and new wave but i don't think i've listened to either in forever. i don't think they made much of an impression. any other recommends?

8 hours ago, Elisa said:

I've been listening to a lot of Against Me today and it's making me nostalgic, I just got to Bamboo Bones with a tear in my eye. We should go back to talk about blink now though. 

My entire Saturday is going to be blasting against me now due to this discussion lol. And let’s be honest this is way more enjoyable then arguing about Matt skiba.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

I actually have been to Chicago lol. But it was years before that song came out. I definitely don’t remember it like the song.

2 hours ago, daveyjones said:

just checked my archive; i have searching for a former clarity and new wave but i don't think i've listened to either in forever. i don't think they made much of an impression. any other recommends?

I feel like white crosses is the most accessible one but you’re into your punk stuff a lot so Reinventing Axl Rose or The Eternal Cowboy would be right up your alley.

• Like 2

@Speedo would be the best to recommender I think as your tastes are similar. 

4 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

Anyone here like the songs Spanish Moss and High Pressure Low? I feel those were overlooked by me initially since I used to only play TDB and Axl, but damn they're catchy.

Or the live album 23 Sex Acts Live? Now that's a great set-list.

High pressure low is great, the whole White Crosses album is overlooked by a big portion of the fan base for it not being punk enough or whatever. 

White Crosses (album). And black me out (song). Also 333 (song) and 12: 03 (song). The song I discovered them by was Rice and Bread which is this libertines type of song

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

High pressure low is great, the whole White Crosses album is overlooked by a big portion of the fan base for it not being punk enough or whatever. 

White Crosses (album). And black me out (song). Also 333 (song) and 12: 03 (song). The song I discovered them by was Rice and Bread which is this libertines type of song

You and the libertines man lol

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, daveyjones said:

They have a sonically and thematically diverse discography, but I wouldn't recommend you Searching and New wave. Their first two albums are all energy and righteous anger, you might like them, but you also have to check Transgender Dysphoria Blues because it's quintessential. It's completely different from Reinventing Axl Rose and Eternal Cowboy, but it's just as punk as they are because it's very raw lyrically and musically. Laura really puts all her emotions out there in a very beautiful way. 

• Like 4

Had a dream last night that Tom was announced back in Blink and it was announced as one last tour. 

There was also a board behing them which had "+44 album 2 2022" and boxcar album 2 2022 written on. 

So there you go. Enjoy the next couple of years all x

• Like 1
  • Haha 1