The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, Bucko said:

Had a dream last night that Tom was announced back in Blink and it was announced as one last tour. 

There was also a board behing them which had "+44 album 2 2022" and boxcar album 2 2022 written on. 

So there you go. Enjoy the next couple of years all x

Have y’all noticed Matt Skiba’s been quite about Blink since he went off on that one kid? 

10 minutes ago, andyscott182 said:

Have y’all noticed Matt Skiba’s been quite about Blink since he went off on that one kid? 

No? He replied to someone about a blink/trio split just a week ago and has posted a few photos and tagged blink-182 in them since the incident with the bigoted homophobe. Assuming of course that is the incident you’re talking about.

Idk I like that Skiba is unfiltered on social media, and calls people out on bullshit. this isn't the first time. It's a little childish but it's at least honest which is more than what we see from the rest of the blink camp. 

• Like 5

Matt is definitely not the type of guy you could throw a beer on stage to and he'd drink it.  A lot of blink fanbase are like that.  

Nothing wrong with that, just more or less why Alkaline Trio is different from blink and why Matt fits there better.

Also not referring to the homophobe guy..

5 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Matt posted this

and then followed it up with this:

Don't you think this is a bit much? Like obviously this is some wasteful stupid post by some random fan, but to even comment back, and comment THAT back and then screenshot and share it?  We're talking some random kid who can change, and he's calling him an asshole?

If Matt had any maturity he'd make another post about gay rights doubling down NOT singling out and enticing harassing this kid even if he's a homophobe, who knows if that was even the context he anticipated (it likely was) but still, need to have more restraint as the adult.  At least that's my take.

• Love 1
  • Crab 4

I absolutely LOVE that Skiba calls out people on social media, he gets shit from trolls on every single post, put them in their place plz. And for true assholes like this one, screenshot and expose further! Some clown saying blink fans don’t like the rainbow flag? Gtfo. 

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

Don't you think this is a bit much? Like obviously this is some wasteful stupid post by some random fan, but to even comment back, and comment THAT back and then screenshot and share it?  We're talking some random kid who can change, and he's calling him an asshole?

If Matt had any maturity he'd make another post about gay rights doubling down NOT singling out and enticing harassing this kid even if he's a homophobe, who knows if that was even the context he anticipated (it likely was) but still, need to have more restraint as the adult.  At least that's my take.

Not at all. I think he had every right to post it and definitely should have. Anybody spreading hate like that especially when all  Matt posted was something supporting equal rights for everybody deserves to be called out for being a piece of shit. The “kid”( he doesn’t honestly look that young to me but whatever” needs to learn to not be such a Cunt and obviously whoever is meant to be teaching him that isn’t doing a proper job so I actually have a lot of respect for Skiba for calling him out. It’s very much deserved imo.

If I was at a pride rally in real life and saw/heard someone say or act like that id call them out for being a piece of shit, why should social media be different?

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Not at all. I think he had every right to post it and definitely should have. Anybody spreading hate like that especially when all  Matt posted was something supporting equal rights for everybody deserves to be called out for being a piece of shit. The “kid”( he doesn’t honestly look that young to me but whatever” needs to learn to not be such a Cunt and obviously whoever is meant to be teaching him that isn’t doing a proper job so I actually have a lot of respect for Skiba for calling him out. It’s very much deserved imo.

If I was at a pride rally in real life and saw/heard someone say or act like that id call them out for being a piece of shit, why should social media be different?

Fair.  I guess if anything he might learn something by the shock of him responding altogether.

I just don't like when celebrities bite back at trolls in their comment section, feels petty but I get what you're saying.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jan's Plan said:

No, this isn’t too much. He can call out stupid asshole people all he wants. It’s his page and it’s not immature. He’s on the right side of the argument here and has every right to say what he did 

• Like 3

Well according to the dude's instagram bio he's a college student in Colombia, I see he was commenting a bunch of bullshit all over the comment section and seems like a total right-wing moron, but what's the point in elevating his dumbass post at all? I dunno, I just think a celebrity responding to some rando in their comment section is futile. It probably just made the guy feel a rush of adrenaline and want to dig in his heels even more.

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

Well according to the dude's instagram bio he's a college student in Colombia, I see he was commenting a bunch of bullshit all over the comment section and seems like a total right-wing moron, but what's the point in elevating his dumbass post at all? I dunno, I just think a celebrity responding to some rando in their comment section is futile. It probably just made the guy feel a rush of adrenaline and want to dig in his heels even more.

Exactly, don't feed the trolls.

3 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Possibly. Or it might have made him realise that there can and should be repercussions for saying shitty and doing shitty things like that. A lot of these “bullies” and “tough guys” like this person are only like that until someone stands up to them and shuts them up. 

• Like 4