The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

7 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Well according to the dude's instagram bio he's a college student in Colombia, I see he was commenting a bunch of bullshit all over the comment section and seems like a total right-wing moron, but what's the point in elevating his dumbass post at all? I dunno, I just think a celebrity responding to some rando in their comment section is futile. It probably just made the guy feel a rush of adrenaline and want to dig in his heels even more.

Blink is so much bigger than alkaline trio that with the bigger fan base they also bring trolls and creeps to a whole other degree. Hell, trios fan base is so niche that Matt has probably not have to deal with trolls like this before..

• Like 1

On 7/14/2020 at 7:33 AM, Jan's Plan said:

Don't you think this is a bit much? Like obviously this is some wasteful stupid post by some random fan, but to even comment back, and comment THAT back and then screenshot and share it?  We're talking some random kid who can change, and he's calling him an asshole?

If Matt had any maturity he'd make another post about gay rights doubling down NOT singling out and enticing harassing this kid even if he's a homophobe, who knows if that was even the context he anticipated (it likely was) but still, need to have more restraint as the adult.  At least that's my take.

No the kid got exactly what he deserved.  

• Like 4

Just now, daveyjones said:

i'm uncertain as to what that means

There is some OTT militant lefties in thhe Alk3 fan base, which can be a bit overzealous and aggressive about it at times. Most notably in the Facebook group. I am a member, even friends with an admin, but some of them are...like...super much. Like also getting aggro with Skiba for his relationship with that woman (who has allegedly been found to be sortve cleared of those accusations?) and getting into shit with him for it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

ah ok. i just don't call those people progressive. like the alt-right are not conservatives.

Fair, I just dunno what to call them apart from annoying. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kay said:

There is some OTT militant lefties in thhe Alk3 fan base, which can be a bit overzealous and aggressive about it at times. Most notably in the Facebook group. I am a member, even friends with an admin, but some of them are...like...super much. Like also getting aggro with Skiba for his relationship with that woman (who has allegedly been found to be sortve cleared of those accusations?) and getting into shit with him for it. 

That group makes us look completely sane. Like we’re nuns compared to them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not sure if it's been posted elsewhere but a new interview with Travis...

https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/travis-barker-on-upcoming-blink-182-single-quarantine-itll-be-like-all-our-fan-favourites/

• 'Quarantine ' song is due for release soon... thinks it will become a fan's favourite
  • blink are working on an EP, expects it to be released "By the end of summer", no clarity if this is anything spilt over from NINE
  • Apparently there is an unleased Boxcar Racer song. Doesn't want to 'troll the fans' by releasing it and probably won't see the light of day.
  • Oh, he still talks to Tom. Kinda seems to be a running joke at the minute.  

6 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

Quarantine ' song is due for release soon... thinks it will become a fan's favourite

Some amateur sleuth should go back and see how many times they've said this about an upcoming song in the past 5 years, and how often it has turned out to be correct. I think I can remember them saying it about at least Rabbit Hole, Parking Lot, BIOMY, and now this haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2