The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

5 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Well you can’t. Not without word from everyone involved saying he had no part in it. The song credits on Spotify say “blink-182” not just “Mark Hoppus/Travis Barker”. We can be 99% sure since it definitely seems like he wasn’t but 100% needs a little more. But I don’t believe he is part of it at all.

Because they have literally said Matt was not involved in the other collabs. The chainsmokers, scumbag, it’s all fading to black. They all say “blink-182”. And they’re all just mark or mark and Travis. It’s literally mark and Travis on the cover. I don’t think you need confirmation.

• Like 1

Agree with Scott. This song is absolute trash and yet has another Adam's Song riff added to it. I only first heard of this Oliver Tree dude yesterday and I just knew from his image that I wouldn't like the song. The XXXTentacion one is the best one by far and the only decent one iMO. I did like the Chainsmokers one at first but the singer's voice just grated on me and it was made worse by the robotic effects. That Goody Grace song is just boring asf. Travis' collabs with MGK, Halsey and that are far better.

Although they technically aren't blink songs, I hope these tracks aren't what the Nine EP with the collabs on are gonna sound like. I prefer the collabs that have their own solo names added to it. That Amy Shark featuring Mark Hoppus track is so much better. The Say Anything track that features Tom on it is so much better. The tracks that Travis works on with rappers are so much better (the ones with that guy called nothing, nowhere are actually really good). The ones with the blink-182 name as brand recognition are trash.

This won't ever happen but I just wanna hear a bad ass blink song with Skiba taking charge and someone like Robert Smith, Kanye West or Tim Armstrong appearing on them and actually complimenting the song unlike what Yelawolf did for PLG. Hell I'd take MGK or the ATL/Simple Creatures guy on a blink track rather than these lame ass try hard singers that dress like they belong in a Disney movie.

• Like 1

when i listen to blink nowadays compared to their older stuff it just sounds like a completely different band to me. not that that's a bad thing at all i love skibba and i love tom they just sound so different especially with NINE. Some days i'll be hyped to listen to skibbas "OH OHHHS" all throughout california and others i love to hear toms scratchy "I KNOW THAT EVERYTHING" voice on dude ranch ya know? both blinks are great in different ways and i'm glad to see them so happy and active again.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Njdevils26 said:

I think the only way we will ever know what this version of blink 182 would truly sound like without all the extra writers and whatnot is if we can somehow get blink 182 to collaborate with alkaline trio. I’m not joking.

They could have called themselves a different name from the start, but it would be too awkward to do now. 

On 7/25/2020 at 6:37 PM, NotNow said:

Because they have literally said Matt was not involved in the other collabs. The chainsmokers, scumbag, it’s all fading to black. They all say “blink-182”. And they’re all just mark or mark and Travis. It’s literally mark and Travis on the cover. I don’t think you need confirmation.

Matt was invited to work on the Chainsmokers collab though and this video shows him there with everybody while they're working on the song. He obviously was way less involved than Mark and Travis but he was there being involved.

So if your 100% certainty Matt had no involvement with this song is shown to be wrong then why is it so wrong to say that we can't say with 100% certainty Matt had no involvement with the latest one? I still don't believe he had a single part to do with it and will continue to assume he didn't but we cant say with absolute certainty he didn't because we all assumed he didn't for the chainsmokers song but then that was proven wrong. All i did was answer Davey's question as correctly as possible.

I feel like a lot of these are just so quick and so random that they don’t even want to waste Matt’s time, given that he has already gone above and beyond everything asked of him. Send the peeps a quick verse, and of course it’s a no brainer to say it’s “ft. blink-182” for both sides. Harmless win/win.

• Like 1

The extreme lengths people go to justify why Matt isn’t being involved in blink collabs is pretty sad. Dude is a so called member of the band and isn’t even appearing on their new releases. 

Its not about not wanting to waste his time lmao 😂 

• Like 2

I was rooting for Peggy Sue the entire time. It's kinda crazy that it was their most played song from 1995 to 1999 and it left the top 20 in September 2011. 

Edit: Mark on twitter 😢

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, Dylan_ said:

The extreme lengths people go to justify why Matt isn’t being involved in blink collabs is pretty sad. Dude is a so called member of the band and isn’t even appearing on their new releases. 

Its not about not wanting to waste his time lmao 😂 

He's been involved in a few of them, but the other artists can't be expected to fit 2 vocalists in every song. If it has Mark and Travis, then it's still fair to call them blink 182

oh, I thought someone posted the link to the new collab, but it must've been elsewhere that I saw it. Anyway, my two cents. It wasn't bad. I like the styles. I just feel it wasn't very finished. Like it didn't have a proper intro, IMO, and was short. It was just a weird mesh, but as I said, I liked the styles alright. Kinda reminded me of the alternative Brit bands of the 90s.

And Matt mentioning an EP (was it?) coming soon-that's cool...I guess...I'm still on the fence with "the new Blink". I dunno. Just a hardcore Tom fan here! (don't hate! :D)

• Like 1

That most played songs live video is cool asf. I'm kinda surprised Always is on there! I remember they only ever played that song once live back in in 2004 on some radio show. Then they didn't play it again until 2009 on the reunion and now it's up there as one of the most played songs live.

Now that I think about it, 2009 is 11 years ago, so it's plenty of time for Always to catch up on. They really should play Peggy Sue again though. Great song. I listened to Cheshire Cat fully for the first time in a while this morning and some of the songs are just classics man. Will always rate songs like Toast & Bananas, Sometimes and Peggy Sue over Carousel & M+M's.

• Like 1

they should do like an old songs mashup live where they play a bunch of stuff off carousel and dude ranch in the span of like 10 minutes. i've seen some other bands do it it's so cool. that ways they can still play all the hits and some of the older stuff for the OGs

• Like 2