The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

4 hours ago, Tombomb said:

So...checked out DED tonight (as said in the other thread) and now I'm finishing listening to Chesire Cat- both are good, but omg, CC is so punking fun!! ;) (on Touchdown Boy right now) This album is definitely going to get a repeat!!

p.s. not sure where it's best to ask this, but do we know who runs the site's Twitter account?? Fyi, it was from Twitter that I found out about this forum, so thanks so much for that!! :D

@Ry-Bread runs the twitter 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tombomb said:

So...checked out DED tonight (as said in the other thread) and now I'm finishing listening to Chesire Cat- both are good, but omg, CC is so punking fun!! ;) (on Touchdown Boy right now) This album is definitely going to get a repeat!!

p.s. not sure where it's best to ask this, but do we know who runs the site's Twitter account?? Fyi, it was from Twitter that I found out about this forum, so thanks so much for that!! :D

I'm glad you're here and I'm happy to see you discovering old blink but, please, never say "so punking fun" again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Crab 1

On 7/31/2020 at 10:42 AM, ...Dan... said:

Does anyone else think that TOYPAJ has aged a lot worse than Enema? don't get me wrong, still love it but Enema is timeless whereas TOYPAJ just gets more corny the older you get I find.

Yeah but I still prefer it to Enema 

after almost a year it's been out, what are y'all thoughts on "Nine"? for me personally, even though it's not the signature Blink punk and more of an alternative album, this album allowed me to rediscover the band and fall in love with them all over again as i haven't listened in some time. I also think it's one of their more creative albums. Kind of reminds me of something that's just different from their other stuff just like they did with untitled and neighborhoods but in a completely different way with this record. So i'm a biased fan of the album, but I want to hear some of ur opinions about it cuz from what i've heard a big chunk of the fan base is not a fan of the album.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, swells17 said:

after almost a year it's been out, what are y'all thoughts on "Nine"? for me personally, even though it's not the signature Blink punk and more of an alternative album, this album allowed me to rediscover the band and fall in love with them all over again as i haven't listened in some time. I also think it's one of their more creative albums. Kind of reminds me of something that's just different from their other stuff just like they did with untitled and neighborhoods but in a completely different way with this record. So i'm a biased fan of the album, but I want to hear some of ur opinions about it cuz from what i've heard a big chunk of the fan base is not a fan of the album.

It's meaningless junk but it was fun to listen to the first couple times.  First Time and Heaven are pretty solid but overall the band has just gotten careless, generic and stale.

BIOMY is the worst song I've ever heard by the band.

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

Big fan of Nine. Has some weak tracks for sure but to me it's mostly a couple of amazing songs and a lot of very good songs. First Time, No Heart To Speak Of, Heaven, Black Rain and Generational Divide are the stand outs for me.

Darkside is a decent single. I view that track as the "Always" of this album. IRWIHY is a solid pop song but I get why people don't like it. BIOMY is a song I like but it really has no place on this album. They should've saved that for a more poppy album IMO. It doesn't fit like IRWIHY does. Happy Days is one of the worst and boring songs I've ever heard from blink, although I think the verses are decent.

Run Away, Pin the Grenade, Ransom, RTFM and On Some Emo Shit are solid songs, but I don't like the choruses on Run Away and Pin the Grenade. Run Away would've been fine if it didn't have those Feldman styled harmonies which also appear in Ransom. Kinda ruins those two songs for me. Wish they changed the title of On Some Emo Shit, but I do like everything else in that song. RTFM is a good closing song IMO.

Hungover You just isn't a blink song for me, but the outro is quality. I have the same feeling about that song as I do with BIOMY regarding this album. Just sounds a bit out of place apart from the outro. Also don't actually like the song the way I like BIOMY either.

• Like 2

Happy blink day by the way motherfuckers.

28 years ago today, Mark and Tom met at Tom’s garage. So the legend goes - they spouted dick jokes and wrote the beginnings of what would become carousel, and the world was forever changed.

When I went to the U.S. - I had to make a little pilgrimage...

3EBD66A4-89B6-437D-8398-35A5DFFEA6FD.jpeg

396ABED5-7AD3-4832-B994-86F16813BC80.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Love 3

10 hours ago, Mr. Earl said:

I'm glad you're here and I'm happy to see you discovering old blink but, please, never say "so punking fun" again.

Ooo, sassy! Lol 

In all seriousness though, I couldn't remember if cursing was allowed here or not. Also, I feel CC is the most, musically anyway, punk of the discography...

But yeah, I'll admit I'm a bit of a "play on words"/"dad" jokes enthusiast. :P

1 hour ago, _Bagel said:

Happy blink day by the way motherfuckers.

28 years ago today, Mark and Tom met at Tom’s garage. So the legend goes - they spouted dick jokes and wrote the beginnings of what would become carousel, and the world was forever changed.

When I went to the U.S. - I had to make a little pilgrimage...

3EBD66A4-89B6-437D-8398-35A5DFFEA6FD.jpeg

396ABED5-7AD3-4832-B994-86F16813BC80.jpeg

Happy Blink day!! Omg! I recognize that place! But was it Toms garage or...? 

I remember watching a like documentary on tv where the guys took the viewers on a tour of their neighborhood and then their recording studio and stuff. They even had their parents on there... I can't recall if it was like TRL or what, but I wanna say it was circa 2003. At least that's when I saw it, but I...well, I'm not sure. It's kinda blurry now. 

But I saw that house and nearly cried! You're so lucky to have gotten to see it up close! That's so cool! :D

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tombomb said:

Ooo, sassy! Lol 

In all seriousness though, I couldn't remember if cursing was allowed here or not. Also, I feel CC is the most, musically anyway, punk of the discography...

I remember watching a like documentary on tv where the guys took the viewers on a tour of their neighborhood and then their recording studio and stuff. They even had their parents on there... I can't recall if it was like TRL or what, but I wanna say it was circa 2003. At least that's when I saw it, but I...well, I'm not sure. It's kinda blurry now. 

But I saw that house and nearly cried! You're so lucky to have gotten to see it up close! That's so cool! :D

Yeeee - that would’ve been an MTV documentary called The Road Home , can still find it all on YouTube. It’s Tom’s garage alright. Just on a small cul-de-sac in the suburbs. Lucky for sure. Was a crazy experience. I felt sorry for my Iranian taxi driver, had no idea why I was running out to take a pic of a lamppost and a house😂

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, swells17 said:

I effing hate it but I've gone on about it here before, don't see the need to weigh in on it again. 

22 minutes ago, Tombomb said:

Ooo, sassy! Lol 

22 minutes ago, Tombomb said:

Ooo, sassy! Lol 

I believe it was called The Road Home. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, swells17 said:

after almost a year it's been out, what are y'all thoughts on "Nine"?

i have zero feelings for NINE. not being snarky or contrarian. the album, in a literal sense, delivered nothing for me. i wish the fans of it all the best, though. enjoy it and rock out!

• Like 6

7 hours ago, swells17 said:

listen to it quite a bit still.  I think its a really good album with a lot of bangers on it.  Not perfect but few albums are.

• Like 1