The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

13 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

so just like every rapper ever except like...Tupac and BIGGIE

Lol possibly. He just always seemed like a fake to me. I actually met him one time when he opened up for Tech N9ne in 2012 and got a pic with him because I had VIP passes (I was there for Tech N9ne but you got to meet all the artists on the tour). I was hammered and told him I wasn’t a fan but that my girl was, and I don’t think he appreciated that lol. 

• Haha 2

If Tom wanted to come back, I don’t think Matt would want to be a part of a four piece. I don’t think he cares I don’t think he would be upset, just like I served my purpose for the band. Matt definitely doesn’t seem like he cares about money so that won’t keep him around and doesn’t seem super attached to blink so I don’t think he would care stepping aside and going back to making his own music. No idea though, I’m not Matt that’s just kind of the vibe I get though.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Not if it makes them that much money lol. But all the more power to Tom for choosing his passion over money instead. 

Unfortunately it's very possible that his passion is going to drain his money! I can see them doing that idea they told us about where blink, Ava, boxcar, +44 would all play. This would also allow them to include Matt

8 hours ago, boxelder said:

i think tom will be back in no time really, likely as soon as a potential rock and roll hall of fame induction sometime in the mid-2020s. after that i think we’ll see a big greatest hits tour and they’ll likely pick up where they left off with DED, though it will likely be the same unusual lack of chemistry like last time. then i see an alternating pattern where skiba rejoins in the periods tom won’t tour.

i think we’ll get one more album out of skiba before they all say “okay what are we doing here?”

That’s what 2009 was. They already did that huge greatest hits tour with tom and then picking up where they left off when blink was at peak relevancy and popularity. They’re not nearly as relevant a decade later with teenagers like they were then. Back in 2009 they were only a few years removed from their last album so people growing up still viewed them as a fairly current act. Teenagers now getting into music I feel like definitely view them as a legacy act. Maybe they’ll run with legacy act with a rock and roll hall of fame, but I don’t see much left for where this band should go. The classic rock acts in their fifties and sixties releasing albums every ten years is kind of pointless to me. Just focus on influencing and producing the younger acts to drive the current music sound when you get to that point in fifties and sixties. Lots of legends shift into that role while others just tour the same old music endlessly for an increasingly older fan base. Not necessarily right or wrong, but I’d rather my favorite legends work on influence the industry so the new and fresh music I’m consuming today isn’t utter garbage.

5 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Unfortunately it's very possible that his passion is going to drain his money! I can see them doing that idea they told us about where blink, Ava, boxcar, +44 would all play. This would also allow them to include Matt

I’m sure he has enough money. He’s not entirely stupid and I’m sure he has financial advisors. He’s always been into real estate and investing since blink started making money, so as wacky as he may seem....I don’t think he’s going broke anytime soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reg said:

If tom comes back and Matt leaves, it would be weird as fuck seeing tom perform the newer songs. 

They won’t be performed. Easy answer. It isn’t going to happen, but that’s what would happen if it did

I bet you won't see another Mark, Tom and Travis tour until they're quite a bit older. Like 10 to 20 years from now. And that's if they're even still interested in touring. But they all seem to be quite healthy and take care of themselves, so its possible.

I would bet money we'd never see another Mark, Tom and Travis recording. 

10 hours ago, thongrider said:

I think it's a bit weird to me to expect an adult to spend most of their time on something they started at 16.

ok, this reminds me. So today has been a looooong day of thinking and trying to remember when I first heard Dammit, Enema, and TOYPAJ. For some reason, ALL of the specifics there elude me. Dammit is likely a lost cause at this point, Enema I narrowed down to somewhere from it's summer 99 release to spring 2000 the latest. The "16" i bolded and underlined above reminded me that I was close or had just turned 16 during Enema era, because I remember thinking about the line, "16 just held such better days", and I was like, "oh really?? It's been pretty crappy for me so far! lol

More thoughts to come. I just wanted to get that out there. I need to do this in bits...you know, like Tom does with his UFO stuff. 😂

• Like 2