The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Omg! So, I should be napping, but was listening to Dude Ranch and was resting half sleeping. And then I'm like coming out of it and here comes the hidden track, and this is gold, I have to pee so damn bad. Heheh And I'm thinking like thank goodness because, not gonna lie, the first and last time I heard that I felt like puking. Lol I mean, a bit or not, that's so damn disgusting! Lol

Just thought you all needed to know that! 😅

---------------------

Now then, the Mark and Jim interview. That was so great! I actually read the comments here first, and as it happened I wanted to rest my eyes anyway, so I kinda mostly just listened. Of course, I had to see their glasses and seeing Mark smile and laugh just brightens my day. Oh, and I agree, Jim has not aged! Does Mark have some grey hair now or was that just the lighting? Still not bad either, but that flipped up hair! Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Tombomb said:

ok, this reminds me. So today has been a looooong day of thinking and trying to remember when I first heard Dammit, Enema, and TOYPAJ. For some reason, ALL of the specifics there elude me. Dammit is likely a lost cause at this point, Enema I narrowed down to somewhere from it's summer 99 release to spring 2000 the latest. The "16" i bolded and underlined above reminded me that I was close or had just turned 16 during Enema era, because I remember thinking about the line, "16 just held such better days", and I was like, "oh really?? It's been pretty crappy for me so far! lol

More thoughts to come. I just wanted to get that out there. I need to do this in bits...you know, like Tom does with his UFO stuff. 😂

Oh, yea! So continuing on, let me just go to the TOYPAJ stuff, as that's kinda the easiest. Well, no specific memory of the day I picked it up (or ordered it??). I still remember hearing Anthem 2 for the first time, and I still have that excited feeling when I hear it now. But, I've been thinking, I'm not too sure how much I really listened to this album. I mean, I heard it all the way through, but I wasn't a fan of The Rock Show, and I think I've said here before that most of the second half of the album doesn't do much for me. So, focusing on the first half, well, I remember liking First Date (you make me nervous so I really can't eat. Omg, that's so adorable! Lol) But, I think the vid came out the next year, and after my 2001 show (which was a bit disappointing if I'm honest), I kinda lost a bit of interest in Blink...well, I guess that was also near the time of the first split, so yea.

Funny thing to this story though, considering the event of today, I actually got VERY interested in Jimmy Eat World and have super fond summer memories with Bleed American. Lots of folks rave about Clarity, and yes, it's good, but BA just rocks my socks! Such a fun summer album and to get me pumped. :D

So, how fitting that Mark and Jim have their chat this morning. Feel this was a super fun day to like come full circle on these things. And I actually listened to BA the other day, on its anniversary. I wish half the songs didn't clear off my mp3, otherwise I'd listen to it more. But once in awhile I suppose I can dig out my Walkman. :P

p.s. So stoked Jim mentioned how he came up with "Sweetness". I just love that song so much. I don't care that it's simple, it's damn good riffs or hooks and should be repeated! ;)

Oh no?! You wondered if I am a troll?! 😰 I assure you I'm not trying to be. If I was, you'd know it! :P

What does the walkman symbolize? Lol Oh, age, I guess? 🤔

Seriously folks, I just like fell off the grid with music after like 2006 pretty much, until 2015ish. And I was never on any forums back in the day, so my initial experiences was mostly with teens and 20somethings. Guess I'm pretty good at assimilating?? :P I really don't know how to act appropriate for my age when it comes to my passions. I turn into a teen girl sometimes. Twitter doesn't do me any favors in that department either, but I hope I haven't made too much of a fool of myself there lately. I was very good until I rediscovered Blink. Embarrassed to say it took me a few days to sober up on that, but I'm getting better, I promise! :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Tombomb said:

Oh no?! You wondered if I am a troll?! 😰 I assure you I'm not trying to be. If I was, you'd know it! :P

What does the walkman symbolize? Lol Oh, age, I guess? 🤔

Seriously folks, I just like fell off the grid with music after like 2006 pretty much, until 2015ish. And I was never on any forums back in the day, so my initial experiences was mostly with teens and 20somethings. Guess I'm pretty good at assimilating?? :P I really don't know how to act appropriate for my age when it comes to my passions. I turn into a teen girl sometimes. Twitter doesn't do me any favors in that department either, but I hope I haven't made too much of a fool of myself there lately. I was very good until I rediscovered Blink. Embarrassed to say it took me a few days to sober up on that, but I'm getting better, I promise! :)

You just gotta work on cutting down your responses, no one wants to read a novel everytime someone posts. You'll get the hang of it eventually, we all had to acclimate. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, swells17 said:

what do you guys think of "quarantine"? wish it was longer and had a bridge with skiba. didn't sound like it was that creative

oh, there's actually a thread especially dedicated to this, but I literally just heard it in full just now. It's so awesome. I love it!! :D

On 8/6/2020 at 1:25 PM, iguessthisisgrowingup said:

This is kinda weird because Mark doesn't seem that engaged in the conversation. I find Jim's responses way more interesting than Marks, kinda reminds me of when he was interviewed with that Mike guy from Linkin Park. 

really cool news, a dude ranch cover LP featuring joyce manor/adult mom/rozwell kid and more was released on bandcamp today (cc @daveyjoneshttps://www.stereogum.com/2094135/blink-182-dude-ranch-tribute-album/news/

additionally, songwriter christian lee hutson included going away to college on his new covers EP (as well as kid cudi/sum 41??) lol https://christianleehutson.bandcamp.com/album/the-version-suicides

• Like 2
  • Love 1