The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Just now, daveyjones said:

you said you were 16 in 1999. i was 22 that year and the last time i had a walkman was like 1990.

I was 4 in 1990. I def had a Walkman around 99 because i specifically remember being in my parents car listening to my enema of the state CD in it

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, boxelder said:

really cool news, a dude ranch cover LP featuring joyce manor/adult mom/rozwell kid and more was released on bandcamp today (cc @daveyjoneshttps://www.stereogum.com/2094135/blink-182-dude-ranch-tribute-album/news/

additionally, songwriter christian lee hutson included going away to college on his new covers EP (as well as kid cudi/sum 41??) lol https://christianleehutson.bandcamp.com/album/the-version-suicides

Whoa! That is awesome

16 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

you said you were 16 in 1999. i was 22 that year and the last time i had a walkman was like 1990.

Im younger than both of you and had a Walkman until early 2000s. I have enema on tape. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Yeah they were great if you sat perfectly still, didn't breathe and still didn't mind skipping.

those early ones for sure. by the time i was in high school, they had ones you could actually ride around in the car with plugged into the stereo and they didn't skip.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daveyjones said:

Actually, thongrider's post (quoted below) reminded me these were for cassettes originally. I was referring to my discman called "Walkman" and i got it later in life, like 2010 or something. So I actually use it on and off now regularly. I just prefer the mp3 because its easier to carry around. 

Don't think I ever actually had the original Walkman, but I had generic tape recorders and generic boom boxes to record songs off the radio and then carry the cassettes around on the hand helds. 

Last I used the cassette hand held was around 2007. Don't even have it anymore now! Lol

2 hours ago, thongrider said:

My Discman is called "Walkman" and I last used it in 2014. I used a cassette walkman for the last time in 1998.

Oh, and today's morning earworm. I only heard this song and saw this video recently, so its even more powerful to me, given that things have changed so dramatically since then. All of the old clips...I'm practically crying. So many wonderful memories!! I can't let myself be one to whine about Tom not being in the band now, because it all happened for a reason, but I will allow myself to mourn the loss of the "good old days". I thought the first "split" in 2002 was hard! I can't imagine how y'all must've felt in 2011 (?) (14?) whenever that big one was. Sigh!

God! Even that thumbnail!...ok, I'm not crying. You're crying! Heh

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, daveyjones said:

i realize a genre in which people are trying to be lazy and sloppy on purpose can be hard to stomach. but i like it sometimes. i just have to be in the right mood. booze helps. also sadness.

You're telling me they're purposely being terrible? Why?!