The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

32 minutes ago, Speedo said:

You're telling me they're purposely being terrible? Why?!

no. they're purposely being lazy and sloppy. as someone who can be lazy and sloppy, let me tell you, there is a difference.

to evoke an artist we both listen to, i would put screeching weasel in this category. i just think the lo-fi hipster garage scene (the mom jeans kind of sound) is not your kind of "sloppy."

34 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

no. they're purposely being lazy and sloppy. as someone who can be lazy and sloppy, let me tell you, there is a difference.

to evoke an artist we both listen to, i would put screeching weasel in this category. i just think the lo-fi hipster garage scene (the mom jeans kind of sound) is not your kind of "sloppy."

Screeching Weasel were never purposely lazy or sloppy, they were just shitty musicians. Ben has back that up himself. 

8 hours ago, Kay said:

This is kinda weird because Mark doesn't seem that engaged in the conversation. I find Jim's responses way more interesting than Marks, kinda reminds me of when he was interviewed with that Mike guy from Linkin Park. 

both are much better when they make music, the lack of confidence and coping mechanism behaviors from jim annoyed me so much i closed it

ur right that they never talked about anything in depth 

this could have been realy educative listen but they never went for it

20 hours ago, boxelder said:

really cool news, a dude ranch cover LP featuring joyce manor/adult mom/rozwell kid and more was released on bandcamp today (cc @daveyjoneshttps://www.stereogum.com/2094135/blink-182-dude-ranch-tribute-album/news/

additionally, songwriter christian lee hutson included going away to college on his new covers EP (as well as kid cudi/sum 41??) lol https://christianleehutson.bandcamp.com/album/the-version-suicides

I skipped over this before, but did take a listen to the tribute album. Unfortunately, I didn't like most, but a few were listenable...forget which ones now though 

Alright, back to sleep for me! :P

6 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

anyone else actually use apple shampoo in the shower? it's legitimately my favorite shampoo scent. wish I could say it was because I love blink so much but actually I just like the smell of green apples.

You a Suave man?