Β 

The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I've commented on it before but throughout my 17 years of playing guitar I have always had this weird mental block for learning the riff to Rock Show. I don't know why. I know that it's stupidly easy and I know that it's ridiculous I could never learn it ... even with tabs.

Well, that all changed about 10 minutes ago. I'm sitting on my couch, fucking around and I happened to pick something that sounded like the firat bar of the riff. 5 minutes later I had the entire thing down ... all those years of looking at the tab and never getting it and all I really needed was a few minutes of figuring it out by ear. Guitar is fucking weird sometimes.Β 

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

31 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I've commented on it before but throughout my 17 years of playing guitar I have always had this weird mental block for learning the riff to Rock Show. I don't know why. I know that it's stupidly easy and I know that it's ridiculous I could never learn it ... even with tabs.

Well, that all changed about 10 minutes ago. I'm sitting on my couch, fucking around and I happened to pick something that sounded like the firat bar of the riff. 5 minutes later I had the entire thing down ... all those years of looking at the tab and never getting it and all I really needed was a few minutes of figuring it out by ear. Guitar is fucking weird sometimes.Β 

Tabs don't show everything really, so much of it is down to feel, id always use tabs as a guide and then fiddle about with it.Β 

To this day, the riff in Plug In Baby (Muse) I can play pretty well, but it's not remotely like you're supposed to play it. Looked up tabs and just figured it out for myself after they annoyed me. Guitar is def weird like that.Β 

1 hour ago, Phteven_DeLounge said:

A question to all collectors. Which is the holy grail of Blink 182’s discography in all its forms (cassette/cd/vinyl)?Β I recently started my collection. My most prized possession right now is They Came to Conquer Uranus. (Blue edition).

i have an original flyswatter cassette, and original demo #2, and an original buddha tape. pre-182 CC tape and CD. m+m's promo CD.

also short bus (signed for me by mark and scott in 1995). first press uranus (black), first press lemmings (creamy yellow), first press CC [aka "red eyes"]

On 8/13/2020 at 6:13 PM, iguessthisisgrowingup said:

this is a good all time low song

Yeah, this song isn't bad. That ending of the video though was totally pointless.Β 

I can understand the arguments against the band though. And I really didn't care for the song I shared, just amused by the name.

I reminisce I reminisce....

Sitting here looking after my cat, stumbled upon this from way back in the days of 2013.Β I was 15 when this came out and I remember it clear as day. I can't tell if I still feelΒ  15 or not, but they've been a constant.They had the Untitled anniversary run a bit after, a great show at The Wiltern as well. These three guys man , fuck

• Like 1
  • Love 3

19 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

I'm kind of happy Mark didn't include Buddha. It would hurt to see it ranked last lol

Unrelated, Travis is in the new MGK video and an emo MGK wears a FSAS shirt a minute in.Β 

Also, @daveyjonesΒ how many times did you see Travis live before he was in blink? Im assuming the Aquabats or his other bands played near you or opened for blink at some point.Β 

Ngl, MGK is probably better than most of these modern pop/punk bands that try for this sound. I've actually found myself interested in both this and the last couple ones he did with Travis.Β  It's a bit forced on the lyric content, but it's catchy and melodic

• Like 2

On 8/14/2020 at 10:15 AM, Ry-Bread said:

Mark gave his ranking yesterday...

Β 

Wtf mark, I mean, not surprised, he needs to promote the new stuff, but dogging Dude Ranch like that big yikes.Β  Switch Dude Ranch with Cali and it's not that bad though, we all know he hates neighborhoods

2 hours ago, M!ke said:

Ya gotta keep in mind, he has to play and sing those songs regularly, what he enjoys might be based more on how much he enjoys performing those songs and not necessarily on listening to those songs.

yes that's why i noted that artists tend to be biased towards more recent material.

• Like 1

Just now, Speedo said:

He should try mixing up the set list a bit, perhaps it wouldn't seem so boring and stale.

I will never understand why they so rarely change it up.Β  It does become a treat when they do though.Β  Those tours in 2012/2013 or around then when they would have a brief acoustic set of deeper cuts was so awesome, really wish they'd do more of that stuff.

22 hours ago, daveyjones said:

i have an original flyswatter cassette, and original demo #2, and an original buddha tape. pre-182 CC tape and CD. m+m's promo CD.

also short bus (signed for me by mark and scott in 1995). first press uranus (black), first press lemmings (creamy yellow), first press CC [aka "red eyes"]

That is really awesome. I loveΒ Alone from Flyswatter. The riff at the start is amazing.

Wow. You have such a glorious collection.Β 

20 minutes ago, M!ke said:

I will never understand why they so rarely change it up.Β  It does become a treat when they do though.Β  Those tours in 2012/2013 or around then when they would have a brief acoustic set of deeper cuts was so awesome, really wish they'd do more of that stuff.

It's really normal for bands to play deeper cuts or new songs, even famous ones

• Like 1