The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, swells17 said:

carousel is goated and cannot be removed. as far as NH goes did everyone really lOve this album their first time listening to it? I love it now but that took a lot of time. I remember it being viewed as a disappointment by most bc people myself included, expected another blink punk album but people forgot that these guys kinda grew up which is ok. but yeah what the hell happened to toms vocals in those 6 years like damn

I liked it more straight away than I do now tbh. Probably because I was starved of new blink-182 music for so long so once we finally got some I just immediately loved it. I still do like it a lot but I don’t rank it that highly out of blinks albums.

• Like 2

Two of my first posts on this board, back in July/August of 2011 haha:

Rating Up All Night:

On 7/21/2011 at 3:13 PM, Champ182 said:

I'm going with a 7.5/10. It's not in their upper echelon, but it is perfect for their comeback single. They came back out of the gates with a fucking BANG. I love that it's an anthem, it just makes their return that much more triumphant. If all the songs sound like that, I would be disappointed, but as a comeback single it's everything I wanted.

Comparing Up All Night and Anxiety by AVA

On 8/24/2011 at 3:29 PM, Champ182 said:

Up All Night is a way better song. Somebody mentioned that Anxiety was better because it had an anthem-y chorus, what the hell does that make Up All Night's chorus? That part is the definition of an anthem. I feel like Up All Night is the realization of Tom's vision for Angels and Airwaves. Huge anthem chorus, a little bit spacy, a little bit heavy, and he needed Mark and Travis to really pull it off. Anxiety is a good Angels and Airwaves song, but Up All Night beats it out for me.

Another point - A lot of people have said that Up All Night isn't as good because of its structure. Does every song need to have a Verse/Chorus/Verse/Chorus/Bridge/Chorus structure to be good? Just because Up All Night doesn't use the pop song structure doesn't mean the song isn't awesome. The intro and outro are both fucking awesome and they only add to the song, not detract from it.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I feel like Up All Night is the realization of Tom's vision for Angels and Airwaves. Huge anthem chorus, a little bit spacy, a little bit heavy, and he needed Mark and Travis to really pull it off

You were pretty spot on with this. We got that interview later on where it was said the original chorus was some synthy, AVA sounding chorus and Travis threw some heavy drums on it and forced Tom to write a guitar part.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

Two of my first posts on this board, back in July/August of 2011 haha:

Rating Up All Night:

Comparing Up All Night and Anxiety by AVA

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

Also @Ghent replied to that Up All Night/Anxiety post with:

So here I am almost exactly 9 years later!

Thank you for this!!! I'm glad to know I'm not alone. :D

Oh, it didn't quote the quotes. Well, in short, I loved it from day one and I also love Anxiety, but maybe UAN is better?? I guess they're both equally good to me. 

Oh, and that Ghent appreciates you here. So so do I! :D

• Like 1

Marks smart enough to know that answering either yes or no to questions like that would be the wrong call. It’s much easier to just say “who knows” and move on rather then spark rumours or whatever else would flow on from a definitive answer.

I still wager there will be at least a few articles with the headline “blink-182 four piece” or “Tom Delonge AND Matt Skiba to play together in blink?” Or something stupid like that based just on his who knows answer.

• Like 3

Nice repertoire of songs in the show.

Blink 182 - The Rock Show

Jimmy Eat World - Sweetness

Descendents - Silly Girl

Nine Inch Nails - Head Like A Hole

Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out

The Format - She doesn’t get it

Paramore - Misery Business

Lit - My Own Worst Enemy

Jawbreaker - Bad Scene, Everyone’s Fault

Fugazi- Waiting Room

4 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Well since it's on Apple Music I'll never get to listen to it, just like how I never got to watch Mark's TV show because I didn't have FUSE.

If it's anything like the Fuse show, you aren't missing much.