The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

i could defend neighborhoods to death though. we were all way too hard on it when it came out. sure, it could have been better but its a super dark and mature album. i even remember older friends of mine who hated blink (associated them with MTV, TRL, etc) telling me they really liked the record. 

i don't really care about tom not listening to the mixes/masters because his taste in production was shit at the time (i.e. the LOVE albums). it was better off left to mark and travis. this has changed over time though, oddly enough.

and yeah the "two versions" of the CD was obviously just a strange marketing move by the label. the shorter version of the record doesn't seem to even be considered the real thing since all future releases of it have been the longer one. 

• Like 2
  • Crab 1

Yeah, I was tough on it at first too...well, not that tough, but I was just stuck on the old sound. And well, I wasn't a big fan of After Midnight (still really am not), but I also didn't hear the bonus tracks then either...

I mean, there are a few weak moments, IMO, but most albums have that for me. But this one is getting better with every listen...

Not sure if that's saying much in my case tho, cuz I've only known about it for a couple of months now. Haha! :P

37 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I like LID, nowhere near a fav of mine -  but I wonder if it was ever close to being on Love 1/2? 

Totally could be an AVA song that Trav elevated and Mark did some background stuff to not be left out.

Definitely feels like it would’ve started as an Ava idea.

13 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Fighting the Gravity is so fucking good I’m about to start a rival message board not about blink-182 in general but about Fighting the Gravity specifically.

FTGonline. See you all later, starting my new forum.

Its going to be slow and boring, just like that song.

• Like 2