The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 minute ago, daveyjones said:

i will second that "fighting gravity" is slow and boring as fuck. should be called "fighting sleepiness." instant skip. it remains unchecked in my itunes.

Somewhere, up in Heaven, Jerry Finn is walking around with a "I died and all I got was a shitty song" t-shirt.

• Haha 1

neighborhoods is a really good album. personally for me, having become a fan during the hiatus, it was the first time i was getting to experience blink releasing an album... even if it was a stilted, awkward iteration of the group. it's got some really strong songs throughout. after midnight will forever be one of my favorite blink tracks

• Love 1

Fighting the Gravity kicks ass. Loved that track on day one. 5/5 song for me. The one I always feel a bit let down on is Wishing Well. I love the song but the production of it could be way better and I've never heard a guitar sound like the guitars on that song do. I've never even seen anyone cover it with a similar tone either. It's the bridge of the song that lets it down the most though.

Songs like This Is Home & Even If She Falls seem like filler songs to me. The rest are all either great songs or songs that had so much potential IMO.

18 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Fighting the Gravity kicks ass. Loved that track on day one. 5/5 song for me. The one I always feel a bit let down on is Wishing Well. I love the song but the production of it could be way better and I've never heard a guitar sound like the guitars on that song do. I've never even seen anyone cover it with a similar tone either. It's the bridge of the song that lets it down the most though.

Songs like This Is Home & Even If She Falls seem like filler songs to me. The rest are all either great songs or songs that had so much potential IMO.

Wishing Well is a waste of a cool chord progression. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lindemulder said:

I remember being so stoked for Wishing Well after Delonge played it on his acoustic (was it a stream on ModLife?). A maaajor letdown when I finally heard it. I have never had the urge to listen to it actually.

It had so much potential lol

• Like 3

Ever since it was released, Neighborhoods have been my go to blink album, I absolutely love it, and did so since the first listen. Is there some songs that isn't as great as other ones? Sure! but as a whole, the album is fucking killer. 

The only blink album that actually has gone up and tied with Neighborhoods these days as being the go to album is my version of NINE.

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

10 hours ago, boxelder said:

neighborhoods is a really good album. personally for me, having become a fan during the hiatus, it was the first time i was getting to experience blink releasing an album... even if it was a stilted, awkward iteration of the group. it's got some really strong songs throughout. after midnight will forever be one of my favorite blink tracks

I was always a big blink fan but definitely moved on at some point during the longg ass haitus, when they came on late night or something for the first time in ages it was so depressing.. When Neighborhoods dropped, expectations weren't really that high and it made me a big fan again, it simply was a big reminder of how cool of writers these guys are and how much they represent us.  Even the people who didn't love blink much growing up would jam this one, it wasn't as divisive.

I remember listening to DED everyday on YouTube too..

Now the albums just aged like fine wine.  After Cali direction they've gone, nothing sounds better. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, boxelder said:

after midnight will forever be one of my favorite blink tracks

It's one of my all time favorite songs. It's just so simple and I feel like it has all the parts of a great blink song. Tom rarely writes such coherent lyrics, the riffs are catchy, and even the instrumental bridge isn't just a repeat of the rest of the song like usual. I know people here don't tend to love it, but man I do haha

• Like 2

1 hour ago, twentytwenty said:

Ever since it was released, Neighborhoods have been my go to blink album, I absolutely love it, and did so since the first listen. Is there some songs that isn't as great as other ones? Sure! but as a whole, the album is fucking killer. 

The only blink album that actually has gone up and tied with Neighborhoods these days as being the go to album is my version of NINE.

NINE isn't blink 182 tho.

• Haha 1

To me, the weakest parts of the album are After Midnight, Up All Night (well, in places), This Is Home and Even If She Falls (I'm aware im mostly alone there) I am quite fond of the rest in varying amounts, those are my skips. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kay said:

To me, the weakest parts of the album are After Midnight, Up All Night (well, in places), This Is Home and Even If She Falls (I'm aware im mostly alone there) I am quite fond of the rest in varying amounts, those are my skips. 

Definitely with you on This Is Home & Even If She Falls. When I first heard After Midnight it was them performing it live, so it meant that people recorded videos on their phones and put them on YouTube. After Midnight sounded so fucking good. I loved how the bridge sounded then I heard the song on the radio like a month or two later and I just thought "is that it?". Turns out the bridge was Tom improvising and the studio one was just boring.

Up All Night is a song I've loved since day one but it is a weird single choice. It's perfect for the album I think though.

• Like 1