The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

it’s funny that after all the arguing of tom ruining blinks sound to be AVA and them pushing and pulling to find a middle ground while making neighborhoods, the song Mark likes the most is the one that Tom thought was the shining example of what blink should be...

• Sad 1

Hmm, I think Wishing Well is fine.

But, switching gears for a sec, 

Ok, I never really tried to figure out the lyrics to "Go", and I feel dumb now cuz it's deep and I dig that. I mean, sad yea, but good.

But, do we really not know if it's a true Mark story?? I'd be afraid to ask him though, if it was. Thats terribly sad for whomever its about!

9 hours ago, Lindemulder said:

In some way thats the curse of the new style of Delonge (recent 10 years) in my mind.. He didn't loose his skill to write great songs, but now he just drowns his playing in horrible effects that take away the quality and makes it super artifical

Well that and the vocals he belts out now ... woof

34 minutes ago, Tombomb said:

Hmm, I think Wishing Well is fine.

But, switching gears for a sec, 

Ok, I never really tried to figure out the lyrics to "Go", and I feel dumb now cuz it's deep and I dig that. I mean, sad yea, but good.

But, do we really not know if it's a true Mark story?? I'd be afraid to ask him though, if it was. Thats terribly sad for whomever its about!

I think Mark said it was about him during his parents divorce

23 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

you must mean the verse parts? the chorus is just a walk-down form of I–V–vi–IV. it's blink paint-by-numbers.

Yes, the verse part, that was linked afterwards. I'm not pretending it's super complicated or inspired I just found it fun. The chorus is fucking cookie cutter shit though. 

21 hours ago, Jan's Plan said:

I think Mark said it was about him during his parents divorce

Yea probably...but it was talking about domestic abuse. And I heard it was his stepdad, but did he even have a stepdad?? I dunno. But if the abuse stuff is true, that's really sad. 😕

2 hours ago, Mard_Smartiest_Blinkfan said:

shoutout to all the people who says "blink was more real with scott as their drummeR"

Um, that's debatable. Not saying I don't enjoy the music, but Travis is awesome!

Also, I just heard about this performance. Stoked to watch this, Scott with the band on tv. 

• Like 1