The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

26 minutes ago, Tombomb said:

Yea probably...but it was talking about domestic abuse. And I heard it was his stepdad, but did he even have a stepdad?? I dunno. But if the abuse stuff is true, that's really sad. 😕

Um, that's debatable. Not saying I don't enjoy the music, but Travis is awesome!

Also, I just heard about this performance. Stoked to watch this, Scott with the band on tv. 

did mark or tom ever explained why tom sings the chorus always in the live version?

8 minutes ago, Mard_Smartiest_Blinkfan said:

did mark or tom ever explained why tom sings the chorus always in the live version?

No clue! I didn't even know Tom sang the chorus. Didn't they often divvy up certain vocals though live? I mean, mostly backup vocals, but like there's one song I'm thinking of...oh, probably the Dammit chorus. Right?

Just now, Tombomb said:

No clue! I didn't even know Tom sang the chorus. Didn't they often divvy up certain vocals though live? I mean, mostly backup vocals, but like there's one song I'm thinking of...oh, probably the Dammit chorus. Right?

on the album version of dammit mark sings all the chorus, live it seems it was always tom

quickly i cant think of any songs that theyve done the same for

5 minutes ago, Mard_Smartiest_Blinkfan said:

on the album version of dammit mark sings all the chorus, live it seems it was always tom

quickly i cant think of any songs that theyve done the same for

That's what I was thinking...so maybe that's why they did that for Go...but that chorus isn't really high, is it?

Idk

1 minute ago, Depf said:

dude wtf. keep kids on leashes in the garden. rice and water are as vital as is vitamin D if you want them to work as god intended

No one said Feeling_kids was good at being a pedo-rapist, just that he's a pedo-rapist.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Depf said:

nah don't bait me with pizza if you dont deliver.

i was talking about your idea where/how to keep the student atholetes well fed and happy.

Re: blink w/Travis being imaginary: who knows what these fuckers do with holograms and AI. Until i see him give blood i am free to speculate.

Philly, you look different. I crawled under a rock after you schooled me with your wicked rhymes

4 minutes ago, boxelder said:

there was some talk about this a few days back, butttt... can anyone explain what the hell THIS was about?

the excitement in his voice seems to imply the current iteration of the band is not the same band... so why even use the name?

Whoa interesting. Somebody mentioned this when it aired but I honestly thought they were probably making it up because it seemed so far fetched haha. Very strange!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, boxelder said:

there was some talk about this a few days back, butttt... can anyone explain what the hell THIS was about?

the excitement in his voice seems to imply the current iteration of the band is not the same band... so why even use the name?

or he misses his friend who turned into a total douche canoe?

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

or he misses his friend who turned into a total douche canoe?

you don't have to give me crabs for everything jar. we all get that he misses the tom he met -- but the way he phrases it implies that even HE doesn't view this as blink, despite the name

• Like 2

Just now, boxelder said:

you don't have to give me crabs for everything jar. we all get that he misses the tom he met -- but the way he phrases it implies that even HE doesn't view this as blink, despite the name

this is total fan-fic.  We all wish Tom had never imploded the band at the peak of their careers, but it happened and he did. 

I want blink to carry on and put out new albums and tour and play the old songs I love because I love blink-182 and I'd rather them exist in some less than perfect fashion than to not exist at all. 

I'm sure Mark feels the same.  The only person purely motivated by the dollar signs is Tom and that has been proven countless times.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Whoa interesting. Somebody mentioned this when it aired but I honestly thought they were probably making it up because it seemed so far fetched haha. Very strange!

I wasn’t making it up. I thought it was weird no one even acknowledged my post, seemed like a pretty big deal lol

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

this is total fan-fic.  We all wish Tom had never imploded the band at the peak of their careers, but it happened and he did. 

I want blink to carry on and put out new albums and tour and play the old songs I love because I love blink-182 and I'd rather them exist in some less than perfect fashion than to not exist at all. 

I'm sure Mark feels the same.  The only person purely motivated by the dollar signs is Tom and that has been proven countless times.

how is this fan fic? how else can you interpret what he's saying?

2 hours ago, boxelder said:

im glad they did the matt-182 thing

i still concur that "hey im sorry"

"heaven"

"misery"

"6/8"

"last train home"

"long lost feelings"

and now san diego

are all terrific songs that made the whole matt sk-182 worth all of it

had they took the best of california and the best of nine

ud prob have a realy standout record

that being said i think alot of the songs are extremly subpar and there cuz they couldnt do better

blink is a unique recipe that requires penis-mark penis-tom and travis to exist

mark knows that and that was his honnest self speaking when he said that thing in that soundbite

mark knows that the real blink is the reason of so much he has today and its hitting him hard when he thinks of it

2 hours ago, boxelder said:

how is this fan fic? how else can you interpret what he's saying?

“Get the band back together” is a pretty common phrase it doesn’t just mean the literal definition. Most people use it when they’re nostalgic of a time with a certain group of people. Sounds like Mark just misses having fun with Tom and yes hat does include making music with him.

But it in no way means Mark has suddenly been lying for 5 years and is admitting he doesn’t consider the new era of blink as blink. That’s ridiculous. 

• Like 1